New York, NY
The Trademark Paralegal will handle trademark clearance, prosecution, and transactional matters, and to a lesser extent, trademark disputes (except for federal court litigation) but will also be expected to occasionally assist with copyright matters. This position involves working with the lawyers and other business professionals in the IP group and requires the ability to collaborate and work well as a part of the team.
- Support the trademark practice in all aspects of the U.S. trademark registration process, including helping with trademark clearance searches, application filings, prosecution, and post-registration issues.
- Coordinate with local trademark counsel regarding trademark filings and disputes in foreign jurisdictions.
- Assist with trademark and copyright-related aspects of due diligence projects in corporate transactions.
- Assist docketing team to manage prosecution and enforcement deadlines in CPI/Docketing software.
- Assist with trademark disputes, including opposition proceedings.
- Provide additional trademark and copyright support as requested.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a large law firm.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Proficiency in U.S. and foreign trademark rules and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of CPI or similar docketing software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to conduct searches and research using various tools such as SAEGIS, as well as the USPTO and WIPO databases.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
$100,000-$120,000, depending on experience and qualifications.