Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Jacksonville, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Madison, NJ; Miami; FL; Milwaukee, WI; New York, NY; Orlando, FL; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Silicon Valley, CA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa; FL; or Washington, DC
Our client seeks an associate with 2+ years of privacy and cybersecurity experience in a law firm to join the Firm in any of its U.S.-based offices. The candidate should have experience advising on cybersecurity compliance, counseling, and incident response (including breach notification laws) and familiarity with U.S. state, federal, and international privacy and regulatory compliance and counseling (such as CCPA, COPPA, GDPR, GLBA, COPPA, HIPAA, and TCPA). . If you are well-rounded, motivated, and willing to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experience in several of the following areas:
- data breach investigations and notifications;
- privacy assessments;
- data mapping and records of processing exercises; and
- development of security and privacy policies and procedures.
- CIPP or other relevant industry certification are valued.
- Educational, legal work, or non-legal work experience demonstrating an interest or capabilities in the areas of technology, licensing, cybersecurity, or professional services delivery or management is also highly valued.
- The candidate must have strong writing, analytical, and oral communication skills.
- The candidate must hold a JD from an ABA-approved law school with excellent academic credentials and must be in good standing and an active member of the Bar of the jurisdiction(s) in which the candidate is admitted to practice.
- Timely admission to the state Bar coinciding with the office of hire will be a condition of employment.
- Capability and desire to work as part of a team is essential.
Pursuant to the New York City Human Rights Law, the expected salary range for this position is between $230,000 – $375,000. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without consideration to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status or medical condition. For applicants applying to our client’s California offices, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to local ordinances.