New York, NY
The Senior Client Billing Specialist will prepare bills primarily for one of the firm’s largest clients in accordance with client guidelines and partner instructions. They will review time and disbursement records and address compliance issues, collaborate with attorneys, clients and colleagues, and address requests and special projects. This role is in the office approximately 6 days per month.
- Monitor unbilled inventory for assigned clients and ensure invoices are prepared and finalized promptly.
- Generate billing reports and analysis.
- Review client guidelines and rate arrangements and ensure invoices are compliant.
- Prepare monthly and transactional bills and reports for billing attorney review, incorporate edits and revisions, prepare final invoices, obtain approving signature, post bills and maintain billing files.
- Adhere to client and firm deadlines.
- Process transfers, write-offs and adjustments.
- Work closely with partners, legal and support staff to resolve any issues in a timely manner and ensure bills are accurate and complete.
- Work with E-Billing Specialists to ensure successful transmission of invoices.
- Accurately, timely and comprehensively report to management on status of assigned objectives and responsibilities.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of legal billing experience; Aderant experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Willing to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines and manage workload.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with attorneys, administrative assistants, clients, management and colleagues.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all clients, matters and timekeeper information.
- Must have a desire and dedication to work
$80,000 – $100,000. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
**The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.