Senior Research Librarian
New York, NY
Responsible for advanced legal and business research with heavy focus in corporate transactional and securities areas; and participation in the coordination of research services and training of associates.
- Serves as a member on the global research team as a senior corporate transaction/securities research specialist and performs comprehensive legal and business research across domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
- Executes often complex legal and non-legal research using online and print resources.
- Assists attorneys, law clerks, paralegals, and staff in all offices with research queries, current awareness monitoring, and research strategy.
- Collaborates with senior library staff regarding coordination and performance of library research services across all offices.
- Coordinates research workflow in the absence of the Research Manager, Library. Uses workflow software to track and manage research requests.
- Coordinates and/or conducts library research orientations, resource training programs, and prepares guides, videos, and training documents as needed.
- Supports and develops the library’s Intranet resources for all firm offices including development of guides to the library’s collection and subject bibliographies on topics of current interest.
- Participates in ongoing content and usage analysis of electronic and print resources with eye toward providing targeted resources and research efficiencies.
- Assists with projects to increase the accessibility, utilization, and discovery of research resources.
- Stays current on technological developments relating to online research and applications and best practices relevant to providing highly responsive research services.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MLS from an accredited graduate program and/or JD from an accredited law school strongly preferred. Minimum 5 years work experience as research librarian in an Am Law 100 firm or similar environment.
- Strong knowledge of M&A precedent research. Demonstrated experience working with transactional attorneys.
- Advanced proficiency in Westlaw, Lexis, Intelligize, CIQ, FactSet, and other library online resources.
- Strong service orientation and a history of developing effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
- Expert user of Sitecore CMS, ECM, Path Analyzer, Federated Experience Manager, Campaign Manager.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, data visualization tools (Tableau, SAS, etc.), CRM Tools (InterAction) and Adobe CS6.
- Ability to quickly learn to use new and evolving products, tools and technologies to support the business.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $99,800 - $140,385
Date Active: 2.10.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt