New York, NY
The Specialist Paralegal applies Litigation knowledge of legal procedures to provide fundamental assistance to lawyers.
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Perform daily case management tasks, including organizing and saving key case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, expert materials, and client documents;
- Assist attorney team with organization and maintenance of case documents, and routine monitoring of case dockets;
- Assist with factual research in internal and external databases and coordinate with research services staff;
- Assist with deposition, hearing and trial preparation, in addition to electronic case filings;
- Coordinate trial preparation; attend trial and provide support to attorneys at court and agency hearings; coordinate logistics, including local/remote set-up and travel arrangements;
- Direct work and train team members;
- Coordinate with other areas/departments of the Firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures/communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs;
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
- At least 10 years of Paralegal experience (required);
- At least 7 years’ litigation experience (required); General/Complex Litigation (preferred);
- Experience with Managing Clerk’s office (required); and
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
- Fundamental proficiency and understanding of the lifecycle of a litigation and working knowledge of key documents related to litigation including, but not limited to, case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, depositions, expert discovery, trial and appellate documents;
- Advanced proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Acrobat Adobe;
- Fundamental proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS PowerPoint, LiveNote, Case Notebook, Relativity and FTP software (FileZilla);
- Fundamental proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to manage competing deadlines and assignments;
- Fundamental knowledge of Litigation practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Fundamental to Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures, including knowledge of Federal court practices, local rules and deadlines; and
- Fundamental knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications.
- All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.
The salary wage range that our client expects to pay for this position is a minimum of $104,700 and a maximum of $151,850 annually. The actual pay wage may vary based on experience or other relevant factors.
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability. The firm offers Affinity Groups, which provide a firmwide forum to share experiences, as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm more inclusive.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!