Senior Human Resources Generalist
Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Human Resources Generalist is an integral part of our client’s Human Resources team. This role will be responsible for providing a variety of human resources services for attorneys, paralegals, and staff including but not limited to, staff training and development, staff and paralegal timekeeping policy interpretation and implementation, and providing basic benefits information, while maintaining relationships with key departments in the office and the firm including the local Attorney Recruiting Department, Global Benefits department, the Global Human Resources department, the appropriate regional Payroll Department and local resources from the Associates & Paralegal committees. This role is located in their Los Angeles office.
- Leading new hire orientation for attorneys, paralegals and staff. Developing programs within the office to facilitate new employee integration during the first year of employment to meet firm’s objectives for new hire retention
- Researching appropriate resources to meet local training and development needs for staff and implementing training solutions with the Human Resources Manager
- Maintaining relationships with all employees on leave of absence and handling accommodation process with the goal of ensuring that when employees are able to return they easily reintegrate into the firm
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or a minimum of six (6) years related experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- HRIS experience, preferably PeopleSoft and Kronos Timekeeper, is a plus
- A minimum of four (4) years of human resources generalist experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of compensation and benefits practices
- Display well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus
The salary range for this role is $110,000 – $120,000. Our client will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in their comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- At least 11 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Well-being programs (e.g. mental health services, mindfulness and resiliency, medical resources, well-being events, and more)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, they have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $110,000 - $120,000
Date Active: 2.15.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt