Senior Employee Engagement Specialist
New York, NY
Our client seeks an experienced events professional to join the firm’s Events, Travel, and Community (ETC) team in Human Capital. The role offers the opportunity to be part of an inclusive, engaging, and dynamic working environment.
You’ll own, lead, and execute programming for a large portion of our events while coming up with new and creative ideas to significantly enhance employee engagement at the firm. Responsibilities include running your own portfolio of cross-group social programming; leading community-building and networking programs for new hires; managing global events; handling production elements such as creating run-of-shows and visual elements for high-profile speaking engagements and recruiting events; managing technical checks and run-throughs with our Systems team, external production vendors, internal panelists, and external speakers; and proposing, developing, modifying, and/or implementing new processes for event management and efficiency. You’ll collaborate closely with other members of the ETC and Human Capital teams, business stakeholders, and external vendors and partners.
- Candidates should have a record of professional achievement in event planning, ideally with 10+ years of experience. A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience planning events of all sizes both domestic and global, in-person and virtual is required, along with managing event budgets and ensuring attendees have a seamless experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; event management tools such as Cvent, Social Tables, Allseated, and Slido; and video conferencing platforms such as WebEx and Zoom is required.
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Proven attention to detail and organizational acumen; the ability to build and maintain positive relationships, including with vendors; and a demonstrated capacity to work under pressure while maintaining a customer service approach are required.
- Well-developed negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to liaise with members of multiple business units, are required.
- Candidates should be creative and innovative in designing visually appealing invitations, crafting engaging event schedules, and curating employee engagement activities.
- In keeping with our firm’s culture, we’re more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation than we are in any particular academic background or previous finance industry experience.
The expected annual base salary for this position is $125,000 to $150,000. Our compensation and benefits package includes variable compensation in the form of a year-end bonus, guaranteed in the first year of hire, and benefits including medical and prescription drug coverage, 401k contribution matching, wellness reimbursement, family building benefits, and a charitable gift match program.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $125,000 to $150,000
Date Active: 2.10.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt