New York, NY
The Senior Desktop Support Specialist reports to the Network Manager and has a requirement of being in the office 5 days a week. This individual plays a critical role supporting the working lawyers and business professionals of our client’s New York office and across the Firm. It is a hands-on technical position that collaborates with the entire IT team to resolve complex support issues and enhance user productivity by maximizing system efficiency and minimizing user downtime. This individual also works closely with the Network team in the administration and maintenance of systems across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex computer, peripheral and audio/visual hardware, and software issues.
- Facilitate audio and video conferences in the New York office, between other Firm locations, and with external participants as applicable.
- Develop, configure, and maintain endpoint computer images.
- Work with other IT staff to assist in the daily administration and upgrading of network infrastructure software and hardware.
- Maintain, repair and upgrade desktop workstations and laptops as directed by the Network Manager.
- Maintain hardware inventory of all equipment and peripherals, including spare equipment and equipment in need of repair.
- Organize and monitor the distribution of all such equipment within the Firm.
- Act as vendor liaison for support and service of various hardware and infrastructure equipment.
- Assist with all Firm-wide backups as needed.
- Provide documentation of configuration specifics for departmental distribution.
- Address Sophos alerts specific to hardware resources assigned to the New York office.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organization’s evolving needs or the department’s mission.
- College degree or equivalent network experience (2-4 years) in legal/law firm environment preferred.
- Exemplary customer service skills that focus on our working lawyers and business professionals including:
- A welcoming first contact that is continued throughout the lifecycle of the support request.
- Fully listening to and understanding the needs.
- Appropriately inform user of progress.
- Must possess the ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- SCCM experience with imaging desktops, including software, and maintaining and updating multiple images and keeping documentation of same.
- Backup support for multiple servers including AccuRoute, Mimecast and Citrix (with others added as necessary).
- Experience with supporting iManage in a legal or professional environment including administrative tasks such as document imports and folder creation.
- Experience with audio/video conferencing hardware and software including Zoom, Webex and MS Teams.
- Ability to work successfully and occasionally self-directed on assigned projects.
- Flexible, able to be on-call after business hours as needed.
- Experience with VMware vSphere as well as experience working with virtual server environments.
- Experience with Windows 10, endpoint encryption and protection, Exchange Online, Microsoft 365 administration, IIS, printer support, print server management and experience with server and workstation hardware and software upgrades.
- Experience with administration of network accounts and groups in Active Directory and Azure.
- Experience with TCP/IP, Cisco routers and switches. Experience with backup software.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
The salary range for this role is $90,000 – $95,000 and is based on experience level.
Salary: $90,000 – $95,000
Date Active: 8.7.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt