New York, NY
The Senior Coordinator – LTO – Legal Training (“Senior Coordinator”), will work with senior members of the Legal Talent Office to coordinate all aspects of the Firm’s training programs and support other professional development initiatives, including associate mentoring programs and career development planning.
- Existing Training Programs: Implement training curriculum, including new associate orientation, summer associate training, and junior and mid-level training; plan and project needs for upcoming trainings and interface with subject matter experts; update and improve training materials, including to reflect legal research for updates in the law, changes in training format or approach, comments and suggestions from program evaluations, and presenter comments; coordinate logistics, including copying and distributing training materials and interfacing with relevant internal departments, such as conference services, media, etc. in multiple offices
- New Training Programs: Assist with creating new training programs, including drafting and/or revising training materials, performing legal research, working with internal and/or external presenters to customize training content and materials, and coordinating logistics (as described above)
- CLE Compliance: Assist with compliance with CLE requirements for training programs and practice group lunches, including gaining a working understanding of NY CLE rules, attending sessions and monitoring attendance sheets, preparing teleconference codes, taking timed agendas, and coordinating logistics as necessary
- Advisor Programs & Career Development Planning: Assist with assigning associates to Partner Advisors and monitoring frequency of interaction to ensure that there is an adequate level of interaction, and that program and individual career objectives are being met.
- Special Projects: Handle special requests from lawyers and senior members of the Legal Talent Office on an ad-hoc basis. Other duties may be assigned.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Five or more years of experience at a law firm (or in a similarly fast-paced professional services environment) preferred.
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, capability to issue-spot, strong organizational skills, and independent sense of follow-through to carry tasks through completion without prompting.
- Must be a careful proofreader, detail-oriented, creative, and flexible.
- Professional demeanor in person, in written communications, and on the phone.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Westlaw, Lexis, and other standard legal research tools.
- Proficient at multitasking, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$90,000.
Date Active: 8.7.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt