Securities Department Practice Administrator
New York, NY
As a Practice Administrator at our client’s firm, you will play an integral role within the Securities Department (the “Department”), helping to lead the operations and administration of the Department and supporting the Department’s partners and associates. The Practice Administrator will play a role in the inception, project management and execution of both strategic and operational activities within the Department. The Practice Administrator will also work with the leaders and staff for Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Information Services and other support areas as needed to ensure the quality and responsiveness of support services provided to the Department.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, resourceful, and personable, with the ability to take ownership of projects from beginning to end, the desire to seek innovative change and improvement, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. They will also need to have a “nothing is too big and nothing is too small” attitude and approach to work. Candidates should possess a customer service mindset, strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability and interest to continually learn. Candidates who will thrive are those who enjoy proactively identifying ways to enhance the Department and Firm’s approach to all things people-related, while nurturing a positive work environment.
About the Firm
Since its founding, our client has built an international reputation for excellence and integrity. BLB&G has prosecuted many of the most high-profile frauds in history, recovering over $40 billion on behalf of investors. Working with their clients, they have also used securities and corporate governance litigation to achieve precedent-setting reforms that have increased market transparency and improved corporate business practices in groundbreaking ways. The firm is widely recognized by industry observers as a leader in the field, and their reputation for integrity and unmatched record of achievement has won them praise from the bench, the respect of our adversaries, and the allegiance of our clients. Their clients include the largest and most prominent public pension funds, banks, asset managers and insurance companies in the world.
Senior Partner Leadership Support
- Provide support to the Department’s senior partners to assist them in leading and managing the Department.
- Schedule and organize team meetings and assist the senior partners in developing meeting agendas.
“One Stop Shop”
- Act as the Department administrator to help the Department run smoothly and efficiently. Be the main point of contact to whom Department members and Firm members outside the Department can call on to address Department issues big or small.
- Be a liaison between the Department and the various support departments of the firm including Finance, Marketing, IT, HR, Records and the Paralegals/Managing Attorney.
Department and Financial Administration
- In collaboration with and under direction of the Department’s senior partners, take ownership of and be accountable for all administrative and operational aspects of the department.
- Act as the Department’s expense gatekeeper, in collaboration with the Finance department, maintaining budgets and checking payments to experts, court reporting services, and third-party vendors.
- Maintain department records, engagement letters, payments history, etc.
- Work with accounting to provide documentation and required information for payments.
- Open new and close finalized Department matters.
- Be willing and able to perform a variety of tasks to assist on Department cases as needed and requested by Department attorneys.
- Act as the Department’s deadline and client update gatekeeper, maintaining charts and sending appropriate reminders to the attorneys.
- In collaboration with the Department’s senior partners, help develop and drive the Department marketing plan.
- Maintain website case profiles and personnel profiles.
- Coordinate speaking engagements and pursuing key opinion leadership opportunities.
- Coordinate coverage of speaking/writing spots; assure that the department is represented in meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate with department leadership to structure and implement continuous associate training program, through lunches, in house CLE and conferences.
- Keep track of all CLE credits needed for each member of the Department including when each individual’s next reporting cycle is due and what credits are required by the end of the cycle to maintain compliance in all jurisdictions in which each attorney is barred.
- Arrange and get accredited in-house CLE as desirable in connection with the Department’s overall associate training goals.
- In collaboration with the HR Department, assist with Department hiring efforts, including running annual clerk events.
- Maintain lists of client-related events to flag and improve information flow for clients
- Organize both internal and external Department events.
- In collaboration with the IS Department, ensure Department members are utilizing the best available technology.
- Keep master “vacation” and “work travel” calendars for all members of the Department
- In collaboration with Administrative Services, assist with work-related travel and lodging.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the personal touch we provide to our Department members as well the overall employee experience.
- Nurture a positive, collaborative work environment consistent with the Firm’s core values.
- Collaborate and share best practices with the practice administrators from other departments.
- A Bachelor’s degree required; BA in Business Administration or a similar field is preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant law firm experience
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Internet savvy with the ability to easily pick up on new technology and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and professionalism with compensation and personnel information
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage projects and tight deadlines
- A strong work ethic, service orientation, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to develop good working relationships with and inspire confidence and respect from attorneys, staff, and vendors
- Excellent people skills
- The desire to build things, do the job right, and go above and beyond
- Superior written and oral communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities ranging from candidates to partners
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize workload, handle several projects at once, manage competing demands, and complete tasks under time pressure, as necessary
- The ability to juggle multiple emails and difficult schedules to facilitate interview coordination with partners
- Demonstrated critical thinking, creativity, and technical skills
- Unquestioned ethics, integrity, and discretion
- A culturally sensitive approach with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- A willingness to work hours as required to complete the essential duties of this position
The salary range for this role is $125,000 – $150,000, exempt.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $125,000 - $150,000
Date Active: 2.19.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt