New York, NY
The Recruiting and Diversity Coordinator is charged with supporting the work of the Recruiting and Diversity Committees and assisting with all processes associated with legal recruiting and diversity initiatives.
- Provide administrative support for all diversity initiatives, including the 1L Diversity Program, pipeline programs, Heritage Month programming and the Firm’s affinity groups;
- Assist in the creation and development of diversity initiatives and programs;
- Maintain Firm diversity statistics;
- Track law school sponsorships (student affinity groups, law reviews, etc.);
- Update and maintain diversity budget;
- Draft responses to diversity surveys;
- Generate regular diversity reports;
- Create and maintain calendar of diversity-related conferences and events;
- Keep abreast of current recruiting and diversity practices and trends; and
- Maintain diversity and recruiting web presences internally and externally.
- Support on-campus diversity and recruiting activities and liaise with student organizations as necessary;
- Coordinate firm participation at law school affinity group events;
- Use applicant tracking system to track candidates, schedule interviews, gather interview feedback from attorneys and generate feedback reports; and
- Assist with scheduling and hosting interviews, staff recruiting events and hospitality suites.
Summer Associate Program
- Assist with creation and maintenance of the summer program calendar;
- Track questionnaire responses;
- Coordinate partner dinners;
- Assist in planning and coordinating affinity group events;
- Collect summer associate work product for files and gather feedback for assignments from attorneys; and
- Coordinate review meetings for summer associates at the end of each rotation and the end of the summer.
- Maintain membership with professional associations as necessary;
- Attend diversity and recruiting receptions and conferences as necessary;
- Support and attend recruiting, legal personnel and summer associate functions and be a visible part of Firm culture; and
- Develop and maintain ad-hoc projects by request.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years’ of experience in professional services environment, diversity, recruiting and legal personnel, and/or human resources.
- Proficiency in Outlook and MS Office Suite;
- Familiarity with ViRecruit, Flo Recruit or other ATS. ViLMS or other LMS, and the like, a plus;
- Integrity and strong professional and ethical standards including ability to observe confidentiality of personnel and firm matters;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of personnel. Maintain professional demeanor, gracious attitude and service attitude at all times;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organization/prioritization skills;
- Ability to work independently under pressure;
- Ability to provide support for detailed and complex projects;
- Accuracy and attention to detail; and
- Flexibility in the midst of multiple and/or changing priorities and deadlines.
The expected salary range for this position, depending on experience and qualifications, is $70,000 – $85,000 (nonexempt).
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000
Date Active: 8.7.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt