Our client seeks a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, title and survey review, leasing matters and loan transactions for the Firm’s Denver office.
- Identify, analyze and resolve title and survey issues by reviewing title commitments, title proformas and underlying title documents.
- Assisting with drafting title objection letters and closing documents.
- Lease review and abstracting of all types of commercial leases, including industrial, office, retail and subleases and ground leases.
- Prepare, review, and analyze subordination, non-disturbance agreements and estoppel certificates.
- Draft deeds, assignments, affidavits, easement agreements and supplemental closing documents.
- Handle all aspects of condominium and cooperative purchases, sales and transfers, including review of contracts and transfer requirements and working with managing agents.
- Perform due diligence in respect of condominium and cooperative transfers.
- Manage and organize transactions and large deal files.
- Manage commercial loan process from inception to close, including preparation of mortgages, notes and assignments of leases and rents.
- Compare legal descriptions and complete due diligence review.
- Create and circulate closing checklists for purchase and sale agreements, lease agreements and lender requirements.
- Draft corporate documents including incumbency certificates, Member consents, LLC Certificates – Assist attorneys draft contracts, leases and amendments.
- Manage closing teams and organize large deal closing binders.
- Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate with eight (8) or more years of comparable work experience required.
- BA or BS degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to multitask using analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility regarding client and legal team requests.
- Achieve high level of productivity.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen including excellent written and verbal communication skills, people management skills, strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients/contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), database and presentation software.
$70,000 – $100,000. The salary range for this position applies to the respective listed location. The salary range reflects a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to experience, education, licensure and/or certifications, geographic location, market demands and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for a position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities, or requirements the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional duties. Additionally, management reserves the right to review and revise the job description at any time. Employment with the firm is at-will. Employees must be able to satisfactorily perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. If an accommodation request would cause an undue hardship or a safety concern, the individual may not be eligible for the position.
Salary: $70,000 – $100,000
Date Active: 9.26.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt