New York, NY
Our client is seeking a Public Relations Analyst to join our team of communications and marketing professionals. Media and communications operations are viewed as key components and effective drivers of the firm’s integrated marketing and business development strategy. For a media professional with keen collaborative skills, confidence and a thoughtful, creative approach, the position offers an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at one of the world’s most respected law firms.
The Public Relations Analyst will leverage their experience to help implement various communications and public relations initiatives designed to communicate effectively to key internal and external audiences. Working closely with other senior department team members, the Public Relations Analyst will contribute to the daily communications and media team functions as well as broader strategic objectives and business development initiatives.
The Public Relations Analyst will leverage their skills, experience and understanding of the competitive market landscape to contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of communications goals and objectives of the firm. The Public Relations Analyst role will include these and other critical functions:
- Leading the ongoing collection, analysis and reporting of PR team KPI data.
- Monitoring for media coverage and spearheading the drafting and distribution of the firm’s various news coverage reports.
- Helping to foster mutually beneficial and professional relationships with external media.
- Vetting media inquiries and directing them to appropriate spokespeople for consideration.
- Preparing briefing materials and guidance in advance of lawyer media interviews and meetings.
- Drafting and distributing press releases, deal and matter announcements, and general media advisories.
- Identifying opportunities for placement of lawyer-authored articles; pitching and placing those articles.
- Drafting and coordinating award entries and survey submissions and facilitating related interviews, as required.
- Completing special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or liberal arts.
- Two years of experience in public/media relations or corporate communications. Law firm or other professional services environment preferred.
- The Public Relations Analyst position requires a high-energy, motivated team player who is also able to work independently and demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands, and the flexibility to manage demands outside of traditional business hours.Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, are required, including the ability to proofread and edit copy.
- Exceptional professional and interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm, including partners and executive leadership.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and deadlines, effectively manage changing priorities and adjust accordingly.
- Outstanding organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and a positive, proactive style as well as the judgment and discretion to handle sensitive matters.
The base salary for this position is $80,000 to $90,000. Actual pay is determined based on a number of job-related factors, including skills, education, training, credentials, experience, scope and complexity of role responsibilities, geographic location and performance.