Our client is seeking a Proposals Specialist to support the Firm’s global pitches & proposals function. Under the direction of the Proposals Manager, this role will be responsible for working on the Firm’s responses for key pitch and panel opportunities, as well as supporting the wider business development team on the preparation and implementation of proposals and client-facing pitch opportunities more broadly.
- Prepare, manage and deliver responses to strategic panel pitches and multiple office/practice proposals.
- Ensure final pitch submissions are of the highest standard, consistent with the client’s requirements and instructions.
- Oversee a portfolio of pitches, including drafting and reviewing content from a business development and marketing perspective, advising on strategy and messaging, and facilitating and leading meetings to coach deal teams on winning proposals.
- Assess incoming pitch opportunities and provide recommendations to partners and the wider business development team on if/how to proceed.
- Collaborate with other professional services colleagues, such as the:
- Profitability, Risk, Conflicts, DE&I, and IT teams to ensure the pitch content includes all required input and information prior to submission, as well as maintaining standard content in the central pitch database (Foundation).
- Graphic design and creative services functions to develop new proposal formats within the brand guidelines.
- Work with relevant leads to refine value-added offerings and messaging in our client-facing materials, particularly around Innovation, DE&I, and ESG.
- Develop pitch content that encapsulates a client-centric approach in line with the Firm’s end-to-end pitching process. Ensure pitch strategies contain client research, sector information, competitor analysis, and market trends.
- Assist the Proposals Manager in coaching the lawyers through the pitch and proposal process, from the kick-off meeting to the presentation stage.
- Coordinate presentation rehearsals and lead training and coaching on style, approach and messaging.
- Promote and uphold the Firm’s approach and procedures regarding pitch best practices and processes. Provide recommendations as necessary to increase efficiencies and ensure consistency of delivery and approach to pitching throughout the team and Firm.
- Conduct pitch feedback interviews with clients following the outcome of major pitches/proposals.
- Identify themes from pitch feedback interviews with clients conducted across the Firm and take action appropriately. Provide recommendations when necessary to develop and improve the Firm’s approach to winning business.
- Prepare regular reports for the Firm’s leadership on our pitch performance (win/loss rates etc.)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience drafting and project managing proposals at an international law firm or professional services organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Law or a related field.
- Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to look at a document and spot conflicting pieces of information on the same topic.
- Strong organizational, time, and project management skills; able to handle a diverse range of projects, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate and recommend advice that adds value to each pitch proposition.
- Proven track record of successfully managing proposals end-to-end in a professional services environment.
- Previous experience of working with senior leadership and/or lawyers.
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and motivated demeanor is essential.
- Be proactive and take a hands-on approach.
- Capacity to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player and ability to work across borders / time zones.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge and prior experience of Foundation is preferred but not required.
The base salary range for this position is $90,000 to $100,000. Actual pay is determined based on a number of job-related factors, including skills, education, training, credentials, experience, scope and complexity of role responsibilities, geographic location and performance.