Practice Management Specialist
New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Santa Monica, CA; Seattle, WA; Silicon Valley, CA; or Washington, DC
Our client seeks a Practice Management Specialist who will be responsible for the daily execution of business needs/operations of practice management. The Specialist will play an active role in the development and implementation of key practice group initiatives and programs. This position can be based in any of our client’s U.S. office locations.
Administrative and Operational Support
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Practice Group Directors (“PGD”; this will include processing expenses, travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars and additional special projects as requested.
- Coordinate and plan department and/or practice group meetings, retreats and other group meetings. Maintain meeting notes, follow-up on specific action items and/or coordinate deliverables involving other firm department colleagues as applicable.
- Create power point presentations on behalf of Practice Group Leaders (“PGLs”) and PGDs.
- Attend group meetings as appropriate to ensure that all meeting notes are properly recorded.
Department Management and Reporting
- Organize and implement department and/or practice group strategic plans and work with PGDs and other leaders to execute and/or coordinate tactical steps to accomplish plan goals and objectives.
- Prepare department and/or practice group reporting, including the preparation of monthly productivity reports to department leaders, PGDs and members of the management committee as applicable.
- Coordinate department and practice group level projects as assigned to help support the practice group plan as it aligns with the firm’s overall strategy.
- Prepare monthly practice group status reports to include utilization, headcount/FTE, revenue, expenses, realization, and related statistics.
- Monitor Practice Group Budgets, report on them, as needed, to the PGDs and PGLs.
- Assist PGDs with various special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of law firm experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent required.
- Sound judgment and extreme discretion with respect to confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong data analytics skills to assess a range of metrics and presents data in an effective manner for senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to provide quality and efficient client service to both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly learn and utilize additional software.
The anticipated range for this position is: $84,000 – $114,000.
Depending on the role, the actual base salary offered may depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
A discretionary bonus for eligible employees may also be available based on performance. Additional information about employee eligibility for benefits and discretionary bonus will be made available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $84,000 - $114,000
Date Active: 2.13.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt