Corporate Paralegal Manager
Roseland, NJ; New York, NY
Our client seeks a creative thinker and collaborator to manage and develop the Investment Management Group paralegal team. Working alongside a co-manager, the Paralegal Manager will work under the direction of the Administrative Director (IM) and with IM Partners/Attorneys and firm leadership to manage the administrative and managerial tasks associated with the Investment Management Group paralegals. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, balancing of workloads and the distribution of assignments to IM paralegals, as well as maintaining client databases and tracking of matters as required by the clients. The Paralegal Manager will oversee work allocation and promote paralegal utilization to deliver extraordinary client service.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the IM paralegal staff, including recruitment, management of workload and assignments, attendance, and training and development.
- Coordinate performance review process with attorneys and Human Resources for all Investment Management paralegals. Prepare and deliver salary recommendations to Management. Deliver feedback to paralegals.
- Coordinate with partners and other supervising attorneys to identify staffing needs.
- Monitor workloads and professional development of paralegals and allocate work with an eye toward achieving an equitable distribution of assignments and coverage consistent with client needs.
- Target and identify paralegal development training needs to ensure a fully developed cross-training process across the practice group.
- Develop and implement orientation program and onboarding processes for new IM paralegal hires.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to paralegals.
- Manage payroll timekeeping, including administration of overtime and other time and payroll policies.
- Approve timesheets and requests for PTO, ensuring adequate paralegal coverage across the group.
- Review time entries as needed, evaluate billable/accountable hours, reconcile code rejections, and monitor and prepare weekly and monthly reports and summaries;
- Collect real-time feedback for all paralegals and participate in the Firm’s performance management process.
- Serve as a liaison between the paralegal team and senior firm management.
Amount of Travel Required: 20% between NY/NJ.
- Oversee the maintenance of SharePoint databases and status trackers, including but not limited to Compliance Confidentiality Agreements, Project Status trackers, Split Billing Allocations, Engagement Letters, Transfer Agreements, Fund Launch/Sub Doc review and Compliance/Marketing.
- Review, assignment and drafting of agreements.
- Process AML, KYC, GTB account openings and refreshes as well as confidentiality agreements.
- In certain cases, assign matters to associates; communicate with attorneys and team leaders to coordinate the assignments as necessary.
- Assist assigning attorneys and staffed attorneys with tracking certain aspects of all matters.
- Other projects (both billable and nonbillable) as assigned by members of the Investment Management Group.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of law firm experience as a paralegal in mid-sized to large law firms.
- Proven management skills managing paralegals including training, management of hours, work allocation, and evaluations.
- Ideal candidate will have broad experience in corporate paralegal work, including Preparing AML, tax, credit, and other compliance certifications, Non-Disclosure Agreement and Engagement Letter Tracking, Investment Management/Fund Formation, Section 13 and Section 16 tracking, Blue Sky, etc.
- Excellent organization skills are critical.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to act as a project lead.
- Excellent technical skills and ability to manage databases.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- The ability to remain composed under pressure, acting with good judgment and decisiveness.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including attorneys, firm management, and business professionals.
For candidates meeting the requirements, the expected base salary is $115,000 to $200,000. The range provided is the salary that our client in good faith believes at the time of this posting that it is willing to pay for the advertised position. Exact compensation will be determined based on individual candidate qualifications and location. Their benefits package includes coverage options for medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, disability, FSAs, 401K, and paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $115,000 - $200,000
Date Active: 2.16.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt