Our client seeks an Office Administrator for their NY office, the firm’s second-largest office. The Office Administrator will manage the day-to-day operations and administrative functions for the office and will work collaboratively with office partners, direct reports, and other key personnel across the firm to provide exceptional customer service and administrative support. This role is highly visible and will partner with key personnel to ensure successful office management in the areas of general office operations, facilities, office services, and management of administrative staff.
Office Operations & Management
- Serve as the point of contact for building management and staff to address maintenance needs and services.
- Oversee office operations, including facilities, office services, reception, secretaries, and executive assistants.
- Ensure office maintenance and emergency preparedness in coordination with firm-wide specifications.
- Manage on-site vendors, including catering vendors for lunches, dinners or special events.
- Oversee and maintain office inventory; ensure proper and consistent stock of supplies.
- Manage maintenance of all pantries and kitchen equipment throughout the office.
- Manage staff to ensure the office is tidy/clean, functional, safe, and in compliance with city, state, and federal law and regulations.
- Lead weekly team meetings to discuss best practices, work on team building and morale, and provide training, cross training, and mentoring.
- Manage in-house food and beverage expenses, including catered meals, kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Manage and oversee budget and the processing of invoices for catering, equipment, and services, ensuring unbudgeted expenses are approved.
- Communicate and liaise with Senior Director of Administration on key issues, including office space, building procedures, emergency procedures, special events planning, construction project planning, etc.
- Supervise administrative staff, facilities, and office services employees, including identifying developmental opportunities and providing feedback, approving overtime and reports on a daily basis, and approving vacation, personal and scheduled sick days.
- Assist with planning and execution of office events, such as client events (in conjunction with Marketing Department) and in office meetings/events (conference room set up, catering, décor, etc.).
- Designing and implement initiatives/ programs to drive cultural change and engagement across the office.
- Develop and document streamlined procedures to continuously improve processes; provide training to staff as necessary.
- Audit the online conference room booking system (EMS) for accuracy and provide training to staff.
- Participate in monthly meetings with Partners and Office Leadership to discuss improvements or changes in delivery of services and general office support.
- Maintain office assignment information in Workday.
- Oversee office moves and workspace set-ups carried out by facilities and office services staff.
- Field requests for furniture items and coordinate with Senior Director to procure as necessary.
- Conduct monthly office walk-throughs and prepare lists for recommended repairs, cleaning, and building maintenance for all common areas of the New York Office.
- Ensure premises are maintained in a clean, functional, and safe manner for all employees.
- Manage ergonomic evaluations, coordinating with the Safety/Security Specialist.
- Coordinate with firmwide Safety and Security manager on training and the availability of supplies.
- Manage inventory of building key cards for guests, and production of cards for new employees, including photos.
Secretarial Workflow and Assignment Coordination
- Responsible for day-to-day management of corporate secretaries/executive assistance in New York.
- Handle secretary workflow coordination as needed and pair appropriate secretaries with timekeepers and others requiring assistance, based on Practice Management guidelines.
- Maintain pairing lists and keep information current in Workday.
- Communicate and coordinate closely with NY IT Team.
- Participate in NY Office Committee meetings.
- Collaborate with managers and directors from other offices on special projects.
- Respond to general office/NY questions about local restaurants, hotels, office amenities, etc.
- Manage the firm’s NY guest apartment, including scheduling guests, updating concierge with guest information, and scheduling cleanings between every guest.
- Schedule frequent visits to ensure office is in proper order.
- Help coordinate physical onboarding needs for new staff hires and lateral attorneys, including arranging for messenger services for new attorney items coming from other firms.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- 7+ years of relevant supervisory/managerial experience in the legal industry or professional services environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional presence and good judgement.
- Client service focus and excellent leadership skills.
- Self-starter, proactive, and resourceful.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical skills .
- Professional and friendly, “can-do” demeanor.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to handle complicated matters and/or complaints in a calm, courteous, and diplomatic manner.
- Experience with team building and conflict resolution.
- Ability to mentor, effectively supervise, lead, motivate and train staff.
- Overall knowledge of basic software systems such as Workday, EMS, Maptician.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and other applications.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail and quality control.
The salary range for this position is: $107,000 – $145,250
The actual base salary offered may depend upon a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
A discretionary bonus for eligible employees may also be available based on performance. Additional information about employee eligibility for benefits and discretionary bonus will be made available upon request.
Salary: $135,000 – $175,000
Date Active: 9.25.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt