New York, NY
Our client seeks an Office Administrator for their NY office, the second largest office. The Office Administrator will manage the day-to-day operations and administrative functions for the office and will work collaboratively with office partners, direct reports, and other key personnel across the firm to provide exceptional customer service and administrative support. This role is highly visible and will partner with key personnel to ensure successful office management in the areas of general office operations, facilities, office services, and management of administrative staff.
Office Operations & Management
- Responsible for working directly with the building landlord and services management to address maintenance needs and services provided by security staff.
- Responsible for managing, leading and developing the office operations, including facilities, office services, reception, secretaries, and executive assistants.
- Responsible for office maintenance as necessary and in case of an emergency responsible for preparedness plans in coordination with firm-wide specifications.
- Management of all on-site vendors, this includes contract catering vendors for lunches, dinners or special events.
- Responsible for facilities and office services set-up of workspaces as required.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of moves within the office.
- Oversee management of office supply areas; ensure proper and consistent stock of all supplies are on hand and orders are managed efficiently.
- Manage maintenance of all pantries and kitchen equipment throughout the office.
- Manage staff to ensure the office is tidy/clean, functional, safe, and in compliance with city, state, and federal law and regulations.
- Lead weekly team meetings to discuss best practices, work on team building and morale, and provide training, cross training, and mentoring.
- Manage in-house food and beverage expenses, including catered meals, kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for budget maintenance and processing of invoices for catering, equipment, and services, ensuring unbudgeted expenses are approved.
- Address key issues and provide solutions are it relates to the office space, building procedures, emergency procedures, special events planning, construction project planning, etc.
- Day-to-day management and supervision of all administrative staff, facilities, and office services employees, including identifying developmental opportunities and providing feedback, approving overtime and reports on a daily basis, and approving vacation, personal and scheduled sick days.
- Responsible for planning and execution of all internal office events, including collaborating with the Marketing Department as it relates to client events s (conference room set up, catering, décor, etc.)
- Maintain overall knowledge of basic software systems such as Workday, EMS, Maptician.
- Audit the online conference room booking system (EMS) for accuracy and provide training to staff.
- Attend seminars and relevant trainings in order to keep current on new leadership skills.
- Participate in monthly meetings with Partners and Office Leadership to discuss improvements or changes in delivery of services and general office support.
- Responsible for office assignment information in Workday.
- Field requests for furniture items and collaborate with Senior Director to procure as necessary.
- Conduct monthly office walk-throughs and prepare lists for recommended repairs, cleaning, and building maintenance for all common areas of the New York Office.
- Ensure premises are maintained in a clean, functional, and safe manner for all employees.
- Manage ergonomic evaluations, coordinating with the Safety/Security Specialist.
- Coordinate with firmwide Safety and Security manager on training and supplies to have on hand.
- Oversee stock of building key cards for guests, and production of cards for new employees, including photos.
- Become expert user of Brivo security program for our doors and key cards.
Secretarial Workflow and Assignment Coordination
- Responsible for day-to-day management of corporate secretaries/executive assistance in New York.
- Handle secretary workflow coordination as needed and pair appropriate secretaries with timekeepers and others requiring assistance, based on Practice Management guidelines.
- Maintain pairing lists and keep information current in Workday.
Office Engagement and Culture Champion
- Be a culture champion for the office and be responsible for proactively improving collaboration and working relationships in the office.
- Responsible for designing and implementing initiatives and programs to drive culture change and engagement across the office.
- Responsible for morale and increasing productivity and retention.
- Organize collaboration events for the office to promote in office attendance and engagement.
- Responsible for thinking of creative ways to keep remote employees involved and engaged.
- Analyze in office activity data and proactively share ideas with leadership on improving such.
- Communicate and work closely with NY IT Team.
- Participate in NY Office Committee meetings.
- Collaborate with managers and directors from other offices on special projects.
- Respond to general office/NY questions about local restaurants, hotels, office amenities, etc.
- Manage the firm’s NY guest apartment, including scheduling guests, updating concierge with guest information, and scheduling cleanings between every guest.
- Schedule frequent visits to ensure apartment is in proper order.
- Help coordinate physical onboarding needs for new staff hires and lateral attorneys, including arranging for messenger services for new attorney items coming from other firms.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of relevant supervisory/managerial experience of law firm setting. Bachelor’s degree required
- Professional presence and good judgement.
- Client service focus and excellent leadership skills.
- Self-starter, proactive, and resourceful.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Professional and friendly, “can-do” demeanor.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to handle complicated matters and/or complaints in a calm, courteous, and diplomatic manner.
- Experience with team building and conflict resolution.
- Ability to mentor, effectively supervise, lead, motivate and train staff.
- Overall knowledge of basic software systems such as Workday, EMS, Maptician.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and other applications.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail and quality control.
The salary range for this position is $121,000 – $225,000 (exempt).
Job Type: Full-time, Onsite
Salary: $121,000 - $225,000
Date Active: 2.19.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt