New York, NY
Our client seeks a Marketing Manager to join our highly collaborative Business Development and Marketing (BDM) Department. The role focuses on the creation and dissemination of multiplatform marketing campaigns and oversight of marketing events while ensuring the firm’s brand standards in all materials. Reporting to the Head of BD and Marketing and the firm’s Global Managing Partner, the Marketing Manager will supervise our Marketing Coordinator and collaborate with all members of our BDM department as well as attorneys and staff firmwide.
The Marketing Manager will lead the creation, production, and distribution of the firm’s marketing materials across multiple formats (including digital, traditional, multimedia, and OOH). This includes but is not limited to:
Marketing campaigns and materials:
- Conceive and build omni-channel marketing campaigns to support firm’s strategic priorities
- Produce marketing materials such as event collateral, print and digital tribute journal ads, and signage
- Handle website front-end management of graphics and content posting and improve upon website design in keeping with firm’s current branding and look and feel
- Work with external design vendors to lead projects involving new designs for any untemplated content, such as infographics
- In collaboration with Communications Manager, repurpose our marketing and thought leadership content across multiple platforms
- Create images for website and social media posts
- Manage external vendors for photo shoots, business cards, stock images and graphics in conjunction with Marketing Coordinator
- Conceptualize all design-related assets, from client gifts, firm merchandise to digital images to print collateral, etc.
- Update BDM department’s branding guide and help assemble a BDM department handbook
- Create and adhere to schedules for the strategic and timely dissemination and posting of time-sensitive marketing content
- Monitor the firm’s online presence and the use of firm content and/or images
- Lay out and produce graphics for thought leadership content (e.g., client alerts, email/HTML newsletters, white papers), and for internal and external special communications
- Ad hoc project management and marketing oversight of projects such as a potential website redesign in tandem with our MarTech team
Event materials and activities oversight:
- Conceptualize and pitch ideas for firm events, venues, entertainment, communications and gifts for client events ▪ Responsible for researching, sourcing, negotiating and contracting venues, entertainment and vendors/suppliers, and running client events
- Oversee all aspects of event planning, logistics, execution, and event assets
- Source and oversee event and other branded merchandise, digital and print holiday cards, and customized gifts
- Create and deliver sponsorship assets, from photography to signage to table or booth displays
- Oversee coordination of an extensive corporate event ticketing program in conjunction with our Marketing Coordinator
- Support the marketing activities in each of the firm’s offices (NY, DC, London, Paris)
- Develop and oversee special client events such as book signings, dinners, and affinity group activities
- Manage marketing automation system and the marketing aspects of CRM system, including large email sends and response tracking, reporting on event statistics and ROI, and providing reports on attendee lists, readership data, who knows whom lists, etc.
- Oversee creation and production of multi-media products, such as podcasts, videos, explainers
- Assist in other areas that may be required to support the marketing-related needs of the department and the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, or other relevant area
- 5-8 years’ experience in a marketing role with direct experience managing marketing content production and events in a professional services firm, preferably a law firm
- Deep experience with graphics software (InDesign or Illustrator preferred)
- Understand design principles and technical digital design and production processes
- Experience overseeing the design and production of printed materials, with a strong understanding of offset printing, all phases of print production, print finishing techniques, and print terminology and options
- Experience creating HTML invitations and event collateral, and adapting templated materials
- Experience developing and adapting marketing communications products within brand
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex content into visually on-brand materials, including infographics.
- Must have strong writing, editing, and grammar skills
- Very high attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Comfort working on multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Resourceful, creative, dependable, proactive, can-do attitude
- Must be able to travel to set up, oversee, and close firm-related client and marketing events
- Experience developing omni-channel marketing campaigns for a professional services firm
- Experience creating and editing multimedia content
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience using CRM and email campaign software for large mailings and contact data maintenance
- Experience with corporate ticket management
- Experience using marketing automation tools such as Marketo or Hubspot
- HTML and WordPress experience
This position is based in our client’s New York office with a current hybrid schedule of 3 days in-office, 2 days working remotely. The expected salary range is $100,000 to $125,000 depending on experience.
Salary: $100,000 – $125,000
Date Active: 8.13.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt