Our client, an AmLaw200 firm, is seeking a Litigation Practice Assistant to sit in its Minneapolis office. This individual will be responsible for administrative support for assigned attorneys. Duties include creating and editing documents, including working with briefs, motions and pleadings filing, completing client/matter intake forms, finalizing bills, submitting expenses, entering time, answering incoming calls, coordinating meetings, managing attorney’s contacts, and maintaining calendars.
- Create and edit complex documents from multiple sources, including correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, and presentations. Proofread and redline work for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of final work product.
- Thorough understanding of the processes of state and federal litigation.
- Knowledge of and experience with e-filing, discovery, document production, trial procedures, document management, calendaring, case management, and client billing procedures.
- Indexing and updating pleadings and discovery binders.
- Supporting legal research and communicating with vendors, experts, lawyers, opposing counsel, clients and staff.
- Review bills for accuracy and prepare transmittal letters to clients.
- Establish, update and maintain client and internal files, including saving and organizing documents in the firm’s document management system. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Open and review incoming mail. Notify legal personnel of deadline-sensitive correspondence. Draft written responses when necessary, or reply by phone or email as needed.
- Reconcile and submit attorney expenses.
- Proactively manage attorney calendars, schedule in-person and virtual meetings, and coordinate conferences, meetings, and appointments.. Coordination may include restaurant research and booking, ordering of marketing resources, facilitating hospitality and technology needs, travel arrangements, etc.
- Manage incoming and outgoing electronic communications (including telephone, email, and fax), take accurate messages, route appropriately and respond to all inquiries.
- Maintain attorneys’ contacts, including adding contacts to the firm’s CRM system and appropriate mailing lists and working with attorneys to keep contact information updated.
- Process client matter intake forms.
- Make photocopies and scan documents as needed.
- Perform additional administrative tasks as requested, including time entry, managing electronic signatures, maintaining credentials, basic internet research, and tracking and reporting CLE hours.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year of litigation support experience
- Knowledge within general litigation, appeals, commercial disputes and employment matters a plus
- E-filing experience in both Minnesota state and federal court is required
- Experience with document management, time and billing, and client matter intake preferre
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Typing skills of 60+ wpm.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills, positive attitude, dependability, flexibility, good judgment, initiative and professionalism.
- Strong client service skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, handle a high volume of work timely and accurately and display strong organizational skills.
The estimated salary range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000.
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000.
Date Active: 8.10.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt