New York, NY
Our client has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal for their New York office.
- Assist attorneys with all facets of case management: document productions, preparing for and attending depositions, conducting extensive legal and factual research as well as participation in case teams for mediations, arbitrations, and trials. This includes preparing case chronologies, exhibits, and evidence, and managing post-trial procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the litigation field, preferably in a mid to large sized firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Pacer ECF system, as well as, the NYS Court Filings System
- Should posses a desire and willingness to be trained in databases such as Relativity, TextMap and other case-specific databases
- Superior proofreading and research skills
- Ability to work with other managers and employees at all levels in a collaborative and collegial environment.
- A flexible problem solver, self-directed, customer service oriented, and collaborative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds.
- Ability to step into unfamiliar roles as needed and work to support other member of the litigation paralegal teams.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and writing skills as well as, excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task, handle urgent projects and tight deadlines and be willing to travel for out-of-state work.
- Should be able to balance independence and a team-oriented mindset with ease.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who can maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, and demonstrate solid judgment consistently.
The salary range is $125,000 – $145,000, plus competitive benefits and bonus eligibility.
Salary: $125,000 – $145,000
Date Active: 8.10.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt