New York, NY
This position provides case manager support to matters in our client’s litigation practice.
- Manage legal assistant support on assigned matters.
- Coordinate and delegate assignments to legal assistants on assigned matters.
- Manage deposition and trial logistics when it comes to providing legal assistant support to the attorneys.
- Travel with case teams to manage and provide onsite legal assistant support during trial (both local and nationwide).
- Take ownership of matters/assignments and provide legal assistant support directly to the attorneys.
- Train and mentor entry-level litigation legal assistants.
- Conduct training sessions for litigation legal assistants.
- Provide guidance on best practices and firm policies for litigation associates.
- Provide guidance and support to litigation legal assistants on projects.
- Assist with filing preparation and handle electronic filings in both state and federal courts.
- Assist with the service of motions.
- Cite-check, bluebook and proofread briefs and motions.
- Obtain pleadings from court dockets and monitor dockets.
- Assemble and distribute documents for hearings and client meetings.
- Maintain and update case contact information.
- Draft letters to clients and other counsel.
- Manage, organize, review and code documents, transcripts, production sets, etc. in relevant databases.
- Review and proofread legal documents (grammar/punctuation, definition/cross reference checks and book reads).
- Conduct and compile research, maintain/update working group lists and organize due diligence documents.
- Notarize documents, assist with notary authentication and apostilling/consularization of documents.
- Validate and process vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Prepare responses to auditor letter requests.
- Other responsibilities as may be needed from time to time.
- A 4-year college degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Strong client service and demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong attention-to-detail, spelling and grammar skills.
- Ability to think critically and analytically and exhibit sound judgment.
- Effective and proactive team player.
- Flexible and available to work overtime as needed (includes evening and weekend).
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Become a notary public within the first 6 months of employment (if not already one).
- Ability to train entry-level and mid-level Legal assistants.
- Ability to communicate recommendations and best-practice suggestions to Partners, Special Counsel and Associates
- Positive, can-do approach to provide support on assigned matters and to delegating work to legal assistants.
- Ability to travel for trial support.
- Available to report to work on regularly scheduled days and at the scheduled hour.
Compensation $90,000 – $115,000., depending on experience and qualificatio