Litigation Case Manager
New York, NY
The Litigation Case Manager will assist with the management of a heavy litigation docket that encompasses the complete range of a litigation life cycle. Demonstrate expert competency in all paralegal functions including those related to case management, document collections and productions, deposition and witness interviews, court filings and trial coordination.
- Efficiently manage and balance a heavy case load and appropriately prioritize workload. Supervise junior team members and assume responsibility for all paralegal workflow and work product.
- Perform complex factual and legal investigations under attorney oversight, analyze data and present synopsis.
- Coordinate and oversee document collections and productions. Working alongside in-house E-Discovery team, ensure appropriate handling of electronic discovery materials and compliance with legal discovery obligations.
- Lead paralegal teams on large, complex, and high-profile trials. Oversee all aspects of the trial “war room.”
- Establish strong working relationships with internal clients, as well as in house and outside counsel.
- Interface with third party vendors on document review/production and trial related issues.
- Establish and maintain best practices in processes that affect paralegal workflow. Participate in beta testing of new databases and internal processes.
- Active participation in activities aimed at improving the paralegal department as a whole, including training and mentoring junior colleagues and involvement with department initiatives. Participation in biannual paralegal evaluation process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working on complex litigation matters.
- Extensive trial experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Professionalism when handling confidential information.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills that result in consistent volume and quality of output.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expert in matter management systems including Relativity.
- Ability to operate independently with limited attorney supervision.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of firm management, internal clients and outside counsel.
- Ability to adapt to and support differing attorney and team work styles.
This is a hybrid role which requires in-office attendance in accordance with the schedule set forth by the department. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
$95,000 – $140,000, nonexempt. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $95,000 - $140,000
Date Active: 2.25.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Not Exempt