Our client is seeking a full-time Legal Recruiting Coordinator. The role will provide general administrative assistance and support to the Legal Recruiting department, for all aspects of lateral attorney recruitment and summer and fall law clerk program administration. This role can be based in our client’s Washington, DC office.
- Assist with the summer law clerk and fall recruitment programs, including assigned duties related to on-campus recruiting.
- Provide administrative support, including, creating/maintaining files, preparing correspondence, and coordinating conflicts and background checks for prospective hires.
- Facilitate job fair and on-campus interview registration and coordinate end-of-year feedback.
- Coordinate candidate interviews, assist in the preparation of on-campus interview materials, and coordinate post-offer follow up efforts.
- Schedule and organize reviews of entry-level candidate’s summer law clerks for hiring committee meetings.
- Assist in planning and coordinating summer law clerk events and internal presentations and trainings, including summer law clerk orientation.
- Coordinate summer law clerk assignments, track and compile evaluations, and act as liaison between summer assignment associates and summer law clerks to determine staffing needs.
- Coordinate gift and give-away orders for summer law clerk program, entry-level and lateral candidate arrivals and for other recruiting functions.
- Maintain and update the Firm’s recruiting micro site.
- Provide support during diversity-related, law student, summer program, and attorney social events including receiving responses, creating/distributing nametags, following up with invitees.
- Assist in coordinating on-campus interviews and events for LLM recruitment, including liaising with other global firm offices.
- Work closely with lateral recruiting team and sponsor partners to meet strategic growth targets.
- Respond to and direct candidate inquiries.
- Assist in scheduling interviews with lateral candidates, including working with our attorneys to gain availability, following up and compiling feedback and checking in with applicants to ensure the process is running smoothly.
- Monitor and track recruitment metrics, including but not limited to, diversity statistics and lateral submissions and spending.
- Respond to a broad range of lateral recruitment inquiries including but not limited to internal inquiries from the US and other firm offices throughout the network.
- Assist in maintaining third-party relationships with recruitment agencies and headhunters to keep them updated on active openings and market particularly sensitive searches.
- Perform other related duties as assigned pertaining to on-campus recruitment, the summer law clerk program and lateral hiring.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Legal recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work outside the core business hours as needed.
- Ability to travel to as needed (infrequent).
- Must be independently legally authorized to work in the United States.
The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $70,000. Actual salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and relevant experience.