Legal Recruiting Assistant
New York, NY
We are seeking a Legal Recruiting Assistant for our client to join their Legal Recruiting team in the New York office. The Legal Recruiting Assistant will work with the Legal Recruiting Team in all efforts relating to law student recruitment, and the Summer Associate program. We are seeking a candidate who can prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and has excellent written, organizational and communication skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately. The candidate will be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently and as part of a team. Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are required. Experience using candidate tracking systems is a plus. Please note this role will require you to be on-site at their office in NYC.
- Assist with on-campus interviews (OCI), including but not limited to OCI registrations, interviewer identification and selection, interviewer materials preparation, and reception/dinner planning.
- Track follow-up with candidates and lawyers.
- Assist with all aspects of summer associate program including onboarding, orientation, and planning and attending all events. Arrange event logistics including transportation, invitations, tracking RSVPs and creating nametags.
- Serve as summer program contact for specific practice groups, maintaining evaluation files for the summer associates and working with practice group assignment and social coordinators to ensure positive summer associate experiences.
- Schedule callback interviews for summer associate candidates. Distribute interview schedules through viRecruit. Greet and escort candidates to interviews. Generate offer letters and decline emails.
- Assist with on-campus outreach to student organizations, including tracking, planning and attending events for first-year law students. Schedule mock interviews for 1L students.
- Assist with preparation of reports and materials for Recruiting Committee meetings.
- Process and track expense vouchers and invoices
- Review and organize the recruiting department email inbox.
- Enter resumes into viRecruit and generate follow-up correspondence as appropriate.
- Assist with lateral application interview scheduling and viRecruit updates as needed.
- Order and maintain giveaways for students and lawyers.
- Administrative support including arranging conference rooms and catering reservations and general filing.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A 4-year college degree is required.
- 1-4 years’ related experience preferred; experience working in a fast-paced law firm or professional services environment preferred.
- Must have computer skills in Word. Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and viRecruit a plus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a strong team-player.
- Must have superior organizational skills and have strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks with competing tight deadlines.
- Exhibit a high energy level and have a professional demeanor.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The salary range for this role is $50,000 – $60,000, nonexempt.
Job Type: Full-time, Onsite
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Date Active: 2.11.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Not Exempt