Learning and Development Specialist – Manager Development
New York, NY
Our client seeks an experienced human capital professional to join our Learning & Development (L&D) team, with a primary focus on manager development. This role is key to the firm’s human capital strategy, developing our managers to enable the firm’s ongoing success. You’ll also manage executive coaching operations, including coordination with coaches and data collection to assess impact. This role offers the opportunity to work in an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging working environment.
You’ll manage outreach to learners, oversee execution of select learning offerings, and partner with subject matter experts to skillfully facilitate workshops on a number of topics, including delegating effectively, giving feedback, and developing talent. You’ll have opportunities to facilitate other non-manager-focused workshops as well (e.g., strategic thinking and interviewer training) based on areas of interest and expertise. You’ll also be in frequent touch with coaches to monitor ongoing engagements. You’ll oversee a robust portfolio of manager development and executive coaching programs to support staff across a wide range of functions. You’ll be the primary person responsible for developing the firm’s newest managers and will oversee the firm’s signature programs for new managers and intern managers. You’ll collaborate closely with members of the innovation-focused L&D team, business stakeholders, and external vendors and partners to create highly bespoke learning offerings.
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or higher with a record of impressive academic and professional achievement, along with 8 to 12 years of professional experience, a significant portion of which will have been in a learning and development capacity.
- A master’s in education, organizational development, or other advanced degree is a plus, but is not required.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple learning programs concurrently is vital.
- Experience delivering training and support to adult learners using a range of methods (e.g., cases, scenarios, lectures, interactive simulations).
- The ability to quickly get up to speed on new content areas and adjust your style of facilitation to learner profiles is critical.
- Prior experience developing managers is strongly preferred.
- Sound judgment, exceptional commitment to setting and achieving ambitious goals, a growth mindset, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is impeccable attention to detail.
The expected annual base salary for this position is $180,000 to $275,000. Our client’s compensation and benefits package includes variable compensation in the form of a year-end bonus, guaranteed in the first year of hire, and benefits including medical and prescription drug coverage, 401k contribution matching, wellness reimbursement, family building benefits, and a charitable gift match program.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $180,000 - $275,000
Date Active: 2.10.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt