San Diego, CA
Our client, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join their dynamic team. As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for acting as a local resource for employees’ human resources and benefits questions. You will be responsible for providing a variety of human resources services for including, but not limited to, recruiting, staff timekeeping, and policy implementation.
- Acting as a point of contact for human resources questions in the office. Understanding a majority of the human resources policies of the firm and being able to answer most questions independently. Using appropriate judgment to route complex questions and issues to appropriate resources and following up to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner.
- Managing timekeeping activities for the office including following up with managers and supervisors to ensure all timecards are approved, answering routine questions about timekeeping and Kronos, and ensuring FLSA standards are met.
- Acting as a point of contact in the office for questions regarding Paid Time Off (PTO), PTO accrual policies, how they are applied in Kronos, and the annual PTO sellback process.
- Leading new hire orientation, developing programs within the office to facilitate new employee integration during the first year of employment to meet firm’s objectives for new hire retention.
- Acting as a point of contact in the office for questions regarding firm benefits. Understands benefits eligibility rules for all health, welfare, and retirement benefits. Is able to answer basic benefits questions from attorneys, paralegals, and staff, and uses appropriate resources in the Global Benefits and Global Retirement Benefits department as needed.
- Managing various projects relating to all aspects of Human Resources, including communicating key initiatives with Managers across departments and offices, conducting research, and any other ad hoc special projects as delegated by the Human Resources Manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, and a focus in a related field is preferred; Four (4) years of HR experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years Human Resources experience is desired
- Experience with California timekeeping and labor laws is required
- Have comprehensive knowledge of human resource functions, as well as a fundamental knowledge of California timekeeping and labor laws
- Have HRIS experience, preferably with PeopleSoft along with Kronos Timekeeper
- Display well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm, and the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also receive a generous and competitive total compensation package. The salary range for this role is $90,000 – $110,000 and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, and location. Discretionary bonuses may be awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance — and profit-sharing partnership contributions to 401(k) accounts may be given based on firm performance.
The Firm will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).
Salary: $90,000 – $110,000
Date Active: 8.13.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt