Florham Park, NJ
Our client seeks a Human Resources Generalist, who will be responsible for performing a variety of HR responsibilities on a professional level, working closely with the Director of HR. This position carries out various responsibilities in the following areas: onboarding, new hire orientation, recruitment, payroll, benefits administration, performance management, project management, systems administration and reporting, and employment law compliance.
The Human Resources Generalist must have the ability to work independently on projects, have a high level of confidentiality, and handle a wide variety of duties. This ideal individual will have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all non-exempt and exempt positions. Maintains the Firm’s LinkedIn page, job descriptions and job advertisements.
- Manage background check process; schedule new hire orientation and processes associated with onboarding new employees at all levels across all offices.
- Ensure compliance with form I-9 across office locations.
- Administer the Firm’s benefits program. Work in tandem with the Firm’s benefits broker.
- Administer the Firm’s 401(k) plan, including compliance, testing, and annual audit.
- Advise employees on leave of absences including FMLA, Parental Leave, disability and ADA accommodations.
- Manage all tasks related to employee offboarding and exit interviewing.
- Recommend new approaches and improvements to current HR processes, systems and programs.
- Maintains integrity of personnel data in various Firm systems and compile reports as required.
- Coordinate and process semi-monthly payroll. Review timesheets for compliance, bringing appropriate questions and concerns to the Director of HR.
- Assist and manage various HR projects as required.
- Provide support in the preparation and delivery of the Firm’s annual performance review processes for attorneys and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in HR, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with payroll and HRIS systems.
The salary range for this position is $85,000-$90,000.