New York, NY
Our client seeks an experienced global mobility and immigration specialist to join its Human Capital team. This individual will lead the firm’s global mobility efforts, working closely with our immigration team to support employees’ global mobility needs worldwide. This position affords the opportunity to join an experienced team of human capital professionals in an inclusive and collegial working environment.
You’ll be responsible for leading the global mobility function, including running existing processes and spearheading the development of new processes through benchmarking analyses and research. You’ll ensure a seamless employee experience and manage a wide range of mobility services, such as relocation, housing, and medical coverage. You’ll be the primary point of contact for employees while owning relationships with external vendors and collaborating with our internal immigration team. You’ll ensure strict adherence to tax and governmental regulations by maintaining oversight of the ever-changing tax and regulatory landscape. The role involves substantial interaction with other departments, including Legal & Compliance, Tax, and Payroll.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, as is a demonstrated record of professional achievement and at least ten years of global mobility experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with related international tax and compliance requirements and statutes, especially in Europe and Asia (e.g., the UK, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, China, and Singapore), are required.
- Experience with managing multiple workstreams across different geographies is required.
- Experience navigating tax- and payroll-related global mobility issues—and developing creative solutions while working with tax and payroll experts—is essential.
- A process-oriented mindset and the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive initiatives forward are essential.
- Well-developed written communication, project management, and analytical skills; sound judgment; a high level of discretion; and the ability to multitask and context-shift easily are all necessary for this role, as is the ability to anticipate downstream issues.
- Previous immigration experience is a decided plus.
- Candidates with keen attention to detail and a client-focused approach will do well in this role.
The expected annual base salary for this position is $200,000 to $250,000. Their compensation and benefits package includes variable compensation in the form of a year-end bonus, guaranteed in the first year of hire, and benefits including medical and prescription drug coverage, 401k contribution matching, wellness reimbursement, family building benefits, and a charitable gift match program.