The e-Billing Coordinator is responsible for the key phases of the e-billing process such as the implementation and client onboarding and day-to-day administration of efficient e-billing procedures that includes submissions, short payments, troubleshooting rejections, vendor management of timekeepers and annual rate submissions. This position requires heavy client and attorney contact and effective communication. The e-Billing Coordinator maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
Ability and availability to work from November 15th through January 31st preferably with minimum scheduled time off (excluding medical/family emergencies) in order to meet billing, e-Billing and collection deadlines at year-end. Our client offers a hybrid work model, allowing the flexibility to work both on-site and remotely on a regular basis.
- The E-Billing Coordinator is responsible for key phases of the e-billing process, including bill submission, follow-up on rejected items and acceptance tracking. The role also encompasses process documentation related to specific clients. The role specifically involves the following:
- E-billing coordination between the firm, the e-billing vendor and the client, including all necessary setups and submission of preliminary data such as timekeeper and matter lists.
- Communication of e-billing guidelines with all relevant partners and other timekeepers to ensure compliance with client requirements.
- Fully document all aspects of the e-billing process for each client. Electronically distributes all documentation to billing management and staff.
- Working in conjunction with the E-Billing Leads, helps to maintain a database of all e-billing clients and their requirements for submission of e-bills.
- Utilizes eBillingHub software or third party e-billing vendor websites to submit e-bills and conduct necessary follow up until invoices are accepted by the client.
- Reviews e-bills for compliance with client/vendor terms. Fix errors prior to uploading to prevent delays in uploading or rejection of the bill.
- Proactively makes recommendations and implements internal process improvements to maximize productivity and workflow in all aspects of the e-billing function.
- Development and enforcement of e-billing related policies.
- Maintain a repository of timekeepers who were submitted to address future timekeeper submissions (annually as well as promotions/matriculations)
- High-level customer service focus when working with clients and attorneys.
- Assist collection department with necessary research when payments do not match invoice amounts and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist with special projects when necessary.
- Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or accounting; business internship while pursuing undergraduate degree is preferred, but not required. Or a high school diploma, or equivalent, and two or more years progressive billing/eBilling experience in SAP, CMS/Aderant or Elite, preferably in a large legal or professional services firm or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficient with experience and working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and MS Word preferred. Intermediate to advance Excel skill highly desired.
- Analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy in order to conduct analysis of complex client e-billing problems, reconciliation of e-billing related issues, ability to multi-task with numerous reports simultaneously.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in order to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, and ensure work is completed within strict deadlines. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report/excel format, written correspondence, e-mail, or verbally.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and apply mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances, verifying numerical data, processing complex client e-billing, preparing various billing reports, reconciling appropriation of account funds, and processing write-offs.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, facsimile, scanner, etc.
- Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Ability to work overtime when required at month-end and year-end in order to process heavy volume of client billing.
The annualized salary range for this position is $60,000 to $100,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Salary: $60,000 – $100,000
Date Active: 9.26.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt