Document Services Lead Operator
New York, NY
Hours: Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (hybrid)
Our client seeks a Microsoft Office power user, preferably certified, to assist supervisors with workflow management and document production, and to assume supervisory duties in direct supervisor’s absence. This is a hybrid role which requires in-office attendance in accordance with the schedule set forth by the department. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
- Processes and troubleshoots documents in Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016 and Visio 2016, often using advanced tools and collateral software to complete tasks. Specifically:
- Best Authority
- OmniPage Pro
- Contract Companion
- Nuance Power PDF
- Creates and edits forms using Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Completes and returns assigned work to supervisory staff in a timely way, particularly jobs having strict deadlines.
- Provides technical guidance to colleagues and clients, as needed.
- Maintains advanced technical skills independently, staying abreast of new software, technical innovations and all the department’s document protocols.
- Assists supervisor with administrative and workflow duties.
- Collaborates in a team and shift environment to complete complex projects.
- In direct supervisor’s absence:
- Performs work intake, clarifying and recording clients’ instructions, negotiating deadlines, delegating work to staff astutely and managing resources to ensure prompt completion of projects.
- Skillfully prioritizes projects, thriving in a demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Applies highly developed knowledge of document production protocols and technology, analyzing work requests to determine the best approach for timely and cost-effective completion of projects, and providing guidance to staff regarding same.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with clients regarding status of work requests, providing suggestions and additional services when appropriate.
- Expert proficiency in Word 2016 and Excel 2016 and advanced proficiency in Visio 2016 and PowerPoint 2016 required
- A minimum of five (5) years of document production experience in a legal/finance environment required. Additionally, a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as Assistant Supervisor or Lead Operator preferred.
- Strong proficiency in DocXtools, Best Authority, Litera Change-Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC, iManage DeskSite, Contract Companion, Kofax Power PDF, OmniPage Pro and Outlook desired
- Ability to produce fast and accurate document work
- Proofreading skills and familiarity with business vocabulary and legal terminology a plus
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and project-management skills.
- Superb customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
$96,000 – $105,000 (non-exempt) We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.