New York, NY
The Conflicts Analyst will be responsible for processing conflict searches in connection with new business intake, lateral attorney hires, and for marketing purposes. The Analyst will review new client/matter conflict search requests, verify entity and party information, and perform corporate affiliate research. In a timely manner, the Analyst will create the reports necessary for the Associate General Counsel to address potential conflicts.
- Review and process conflicts searches for all new clients, matters, lateral attorney candidates, and business development purposes.
- Verify the information provided by attorneys and administrative assistants through the conflicts system, Intapp Open, is thorough and accurate, with all necessary parties listed and identified correctly.
- Conduct research through internal and external databases on individual and corporate names and corporate affiliations for the purpose of determining organizational relationships applicable to the search.
- Generate and evaluate conflicts report, providing critical analysis of the results, identifying and escalating potential conflicts to the Associate General Counsel for resolution.
- Communicate with attorneys and administrative professionals to answer questions about the conflicts and new business intake process.
- Ensure the timely and efficient processing of conflict requests.
- Work with Associate General Counsel to manage Outside Counsel Guidelines and other special projects.
- Conduct research in support of client due diligence efforts using products such as Cap IQ and Bloomberg Law.
- Assist with data maintenance projects to ensure accuracy of the conflicts system and with special projects supporting conflicts and compliance initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 4 years of conflicts experience in the legal industry
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong research, analytical, and proofreading skills
- Experience with Intapp Open software, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn new software applications
- Knowledge of the principles of legal conflicts, ethical rules, and corporate business structures
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, manage time well, and prioritize effectively
- Strong communications skills, including ability to interact collegially with attorneys and business services staff
- Willingness to work overtime, when needed
$85,000 – $100,000, depending on experience.