New York, NY
The Communications Coordinator is a key contributor to the Communications team, assisting with writing needs and marketing projects that help to generate global visibility for and maintain the industry-leading standing of our client.
The Coordinator will work closely with junior and senior members of the Communications and Digital team, lawyers and other marketing staff on writing assignments and projects leveraging the firm’s website, social media and other channels to advance internal and external visibility efforts. They will utilize research, writing, technical and communication skills to support promotion of the Firm’s global practice areas and related sub-groups, as well as individual lawyers and Firm-wide initiatives.
The scheduled hours for this position are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The incumbent may be required to work overtime depending on the needs of the practice area lawyers and Business Development department.
- Draft promotional language including summaries of events, client wins and press mentions for web site, social media, brochures, newsletters and internal channels.
- Coordinate promotional writing approval process with lawyers and members of Business Development team.
- Ensure that materials are delivered accurately and on time (related tasks include gathering precedents, editing, fact checking, proofreading, compiling, collaborating).
- Assist with the Firm’s awards nominations to outside publications, including drafting submissions, managing deadlines and coordinating approval process.
- Assist Media Relations team with lawyer interview preparation, opportunity spotting, proactive pitch development and press coverage tracking.
- Assist with coordinating Firm podcast program, including ideation, scheduling, posting and promoting.
- Monitor and collect external media coverage of Firm and partners; prepare for distribution in internal publication.
- Contribute to the Firm’s internal newsletter, including drafting items and editing on a weekly basis.
- Research and suggest new opportunities for thought leadership participation, benchmarking and social media strategy.
- Maintain systems for tracking publications, awards and other Firm communications.
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned.
- In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- One to three years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm.
- Experience as a reporter, editor, writing tutor or self-proclaimed grammar geek is welcomed.
- Personal assistants, paralegals and legal assistants are encouraged to apply.
- BA or equivalent required.
- Excellent writing/editing, proofreading, grammar and research skills (a writing and editing test is required).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work and collaborate as a part of a global team is essential.
- Familiarity with (and interest in learning more about) transactional and litigation terminology and processes; ability to distill legal and/or business concepts into layman’s terms.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word procesullising and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe).
- Proficiency in utilizing social media platforms for research and posting (e.g., LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Knowledge of any CRM system and PR research tool is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- Ability to work in a demanding professional environment to demonstrate good judgment, handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism
The base salary range offered for this role will be between $60,000 and $70,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm.