New York, NY or Livingston, NJ
Our client is actively seeking a commercial real estate attorney with 7+ years of experience to join their growing CRE transactions practice. You will have the opportunity to work on sophisticated and challenging transactions in collaboration with one of the region’s most sophisticated real estate-focused legal teams. You will work with family offices, institutions, lenders, and private real estate investors on a wide variety of commercial real estate matters. Currently, our client’s team handles upwards of 100 transactions per annum across all major real estate types. The successful candidate will be a natural fit on their deal team, be able to operate effectively in a hybrid work environment, and meaningfully contribute to this practice area’s growth.
You will maintain and develop client relationships and have significant involvement in developing and leading transaction strategy. You should be committed to embracing our client’s collaborative culture, and they will encourage and support your business development efforts as you grow with the firm.
- Minimum 7 years of commercial real estate experience on large-scale transactions.
- Commercial finance experience, closing and negotiating complex loans on behalf of borrowers and/or lenders.
- Structuring and negotiating joint ventures and handling acquisitions and dispositions
- Excellent writing and time management skills.
- A J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and bar admission in the jurisdiction of resident office location or where the work is performed.
- A cooperative and collaborative approach to the practice of law.
- A strong desire to excel at a growing, dynamic law firm.
In addition to a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a full benefits package, our client also invests in their attorneys’ professional and business development through internal and external opportunities. The base salary for this position starts at $350,000, depending on portable book of business.