New York, NY
The Client Services Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and support to clients, guests and all firm personnel while ensuring the successful daily operations of the New York office. In collaboration with the Facilities Manager and Office Administrator, this position will work closely with Office Services, IT, and Reception. This position will focus on meetings, events, visitor offices, pantries, and kitchens. The Client Services Specialist will need to successfully resolve Conference Center related scheduling conflicts and handle ad-hoc requests in a timely manner. In collaboration with the Facilities Manager, they will maintain standard operating protocols for the Conference Center and Reception. This position requires a high degree of independent judgment and discretion. The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Ensure Firm’s Client Services standards are communicated and upheld with the Conference Center, Visitor Offices and Reception.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude through appropriate dress, written work product, voice messages and demeanor.
- Readily and easily adapt to changes in the work environment while maintaining flexibility and composure.
- Receive and respond to Conference Center requests and events.
- Review conference room reservations and food orders to ensure work performed by the Client Services team is accurate.
- Have flexibility in scheduling to be available for early, late and weekend events.
- Maintain, organize, and inventory all pantry areas.
- Stock, maintain and clean the New York Office kitchen areas.
- Accept food deliveries and ensure they are set up in the correct conference rooms or route to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with all meeting and event requests, including the set-up, clean-up, and support of meetings and events.
- Assist with afterhours client and firm events.
- Maintain Visitor Offices to ensure they are held to Firm Standards and that our clients’ experience are positive; assist with requests through phone, email and conference room reservation software (RDZ).
- Perform other clerical duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two or four year college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in catering and conference services or a similar role in a large law firm or other professional services organization.
- Familiar with online ordering platforms and experience with conference room databases a plus (RDZ).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere to manage multiple competing tasks and demands, a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, and the ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Superior organizational skills, a customer service orientation, proactive work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent punctuality and attendance with potential for overtime and schedule changes due to work requirements. Standard work hours are Monday – Friday from 7am to 3pm.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Customer service driven.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and ability to work under specific time constraints.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Ability to lift, move and push up to 25 pounds on a regular basis, and to bend, stoop and reach for objects frequently.
- Ability to remain on one’s feet (standing and walking) for long periods of time.
For candidates meeting the requirements, the expected base salary is $45,000 to $50,000. The range provided is the salary that the firm in good faith believes at the time of this posting that it is willing to pay for the advertised position. Exact compensation will be determined based on individual candidate qualifications and location. Our client’s benefits package includes coverage options for medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, disability, FSAs, 401K, and paid time off.