Cash Receipts Specialist
The Cash Receipts Specialist is responsible for processing the application of checks and wire transfers transmitted to client accounts receivable and Firm-related expenses, posting of client retainers and processing the transfer of retainers in support of the billing process. The Cash Receipts Specialist maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
The Firm offers a hybrid work model, allowing the flexibility to work both on-site and remotely on a regular basis.
include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- On a daily basis, analyze and perform application of cash deposit by applying checks/wire transfers to outstanding client invoices to reduce Accounts Receivable balance. Process and post cash deposit entries into financial system.
- Apply on-account unallocated funds to outstanding client invoices and write off outstanding invoice balances as requested by the billing and collection coordinators.
- Work with billing coordinators on a regular basis, and at their request, transfer funds, cancel posted invoices and reverse application of funds received.
- Research unidentified cash by coordinating with attorneys, billing coordinators and clients. Respond to inquiries and resolve issues regarding accounts receivables.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and three or more years accounts receivable experience and strong knowledge of general accounting principles are required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a large legal firm is required.
- Computer and data entry proficient. Experience and working knowledge of legal accounting software, Excel, Outlook, and MS Word preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy in order to analyze, interpret, and process accounts receivables and the cash application process, perform essential duties relating to day-to-day Accounting procedures, respond to Accounts Receivable inquires, and ensure the integrity of the Accounting Department database system.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and ensure work is completed within defined deadlines. Works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, and adapt to changes in workflow. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and apply mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances, verifying numerical data, processing accounts receivable functions, and preparing various accounting/time reports.
- Possess excellent knowledge of reading, writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and formatting in order to interpret source data, perform data entry, proofread material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors, and perform file maintenance.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, scanner, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime as needed and at fiscal year-end in order to meet Accounting deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
The annualized salary range for this position is $60,000 – $70,000, nonexempt. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
The Firm offers an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution, parental leave, transportation fringe benefit program, back-up care option, generous paid time off policy, and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Date Active: 2.18.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Not Exempt