Business Development Specialist – M&A
New York, NY
Our client is looking for a stellar business development professional to help support the explosive growth of its industry-leading strategic Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice. The M&A Specialist is a high-impact partner-facing business development/marketing role based in New York. The M&A Specialist will work with the firm’s most prolific dealmakers, business development leadership, and business professionals throughout the firm to drive revenue and unlock additional value from our public company clients and prospects. In this role, you will interact daily with globally recognized M&A partners who are at the forefront of today’s most sophisticated, high-value and high-stakes transactions. Together with business development leadership and firmwide operational teams, you will help shape and execute strategies that align with the firm’s strategic vision and accelerate practice growth. You will be exposed to the firm’s full capabilities as an active participant in our cross-selling, business planning, and key client and industry group initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to be engaged in the growth and strategic direction of a premier M&A practice.
- Together with the Senior Business Development Manager and Transactional Director, and business development colleagues across practices, the M&A Business Development Specialist will:
- Support the execution of strategic M&A priorities, including those specific to industries, geographies, client teams and individual partners, as well as regularly track and report on progress.
- Work with business development leadership to execute individual lawyer, transactional department and firm business development and marketing objectives.
- Work closely with the department’s embedded analysis professionals to monitor marketplace and competitive developments that impact existing and prospective clients.
- Optimize strategic cross-selling opportunities in coordination with business development colleagues throughout the firm.
- Monitor, track and report on partner client development activities.
- Collaborate with other team members to meet rolling M&A league table submission deadlines and effectively leverage firm processes to more efficiently mine data and improve data collection.
- Obtain and analyze client, prospect, competitor and market research as needed, in collaboration with the firm’s Competitive Intelligence Group.
- Conduct additional market/competitor research using various internal and external databases as needed.
- Work with the firm’s event professionals and other members of the business development department to execute details of events, sponsorships, speaking engagements and thought leadership.
- Prepare pitch materials, responses to RFPs, deal lists, brochures and other client materials for the firm’s M&A practice and collaborate on cross-practice materials as needed, including drafting original content.
- Maintain and update marketing content for the practice group on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with junior members of the business development team to execute legal directory and league table submissions, biography updates, matter management and other routine projects.
- Handle marketing and business development database updates, including practice and matter descriptions, website, biographies, mailing lists and CRM.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a successful business development or marketing role in a professional services environment focused on M&A is a requirement.
- Knowledge of M&A and Corporate Governance is also required. Capital Markets/Securities experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically, analyze data effectively and convey complex information in a simple, actionable manner.
- Ability to distill information into key, actionable takeaways.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project management.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing and presentation capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to support attorneys with a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- A solid command of software applications to produce high-end, professional work product, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with corporate research platforms, including Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Deal Point Data, Mergermarket, Refinitiv, BoardEx and RelSci is a plus.
- Experience with InterAction or an equivalent Contact Relationship Management (CRM) system is a plus.
- This role requires interaction and collaboration with a diverse group of business professionals within the broader marketing/business development department and throughout the firm on a regular basis. The successful candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to multitask.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to respond to calls-to-action outside of standard business hours.
- Early mornings, after hours and weekends may be required.
$110,000 – $125,000. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $110,000 - $125,000
Date Active: 2.10.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt