New York, NY
Our client is looking for a trusted adviser for its premiere litigation practice. They are a next-level, initiative-taking, collaborative team of opportunity seekers and idea generators and are looking for an experienced business development professional to join their team and work hand-in-hand with their Tier 1 White Collar and Regulatory Defense Practice Group, among other litigation practices.
In this role, you will work closely with high-profile practice leaders, business development senior management, as well as operational teams throughout the firm on key initiatives for our client’s award-winning White Collar & Regulatory Defense Practice Group. As the Business Development Specialist, you will be involved in the end-to-end execution of the strategic vision for this practice as well as the broader litigation department. You will be exposed to the firm’s full capabilities as an active participant in our cross-selling, and key client and industry group initiatives. At our client’s firm, the business development team seeks to stay ahead of the market, and they are looking for a forward-thinking, creative, ambitious professional.
- Together with the Senior Business Development Manager and his/her business development colleagues across the firm, the Business Development Specialist will:
- Support the execution of strategic litigation priorities, including those specific to practice groups, geographies, client teams, industry groups and individual partners, as well as regularly track and report on progress.
- Work with the Senior Business Development Manager to execute individual lawyer, litigation department and firm business development and marketing objectives.
- Work closely with the department’s embedded analysis professionals to monitor marketplace and competitive developments that impact existing and prospective clients, and quickly react to lead generation opportunities.
- Obtain client, prospect, and market research, working with the firm’s Competitive Intelligence Group, as needed.
- Work with members of the business development department to execute details of events, sponsorships, speaking engagements and thought leadership.
- Prepare pitch materials and responses to RFPs, and collaborate across practices as needed.
- Oversee the drafting and approvals for various directory and award submissions for relevant practice areas in coordination with the firm’s content team.
- Oversee marketing and business development database updates, including practice and matter descriptions, website, biographies, mailing lists and CRM.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a successful business development or marketing role in a professional services environment.
- Law-firm specific background in Litigation is a requirement.
- Knowledge of White Collar and Internal Investigations is a plus.
- Familiarity with litigation jargon and understanding of court filings is a requirement.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information and facts to provide brief yet detailed company profiles, industry overviews, biographical summaries, and analysis of key matters, industry trends, litigation and outside counsel.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project management.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing and presentation capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to support attorneys with a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Highly organized with a meticulous diligence.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- Ability to respond to calls-to-action outside of standard business hours.
- Domestic travel may also be necessary.
$110,000 – $125,000. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
Salary: $110,000 – $125,000, doe
Date Active: 9.27.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt