New York, NY
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with high-profile practice leaders, business development senior management, as well as operational teams throughout the firm on key initiatives for the firm’s award-winning White Collar & Regulatory Defense and Internal Investigations Practice Groups. As the Business Development Manager, you will be involved in the end-to-end execution of the strategic vision for these practices as well as other investigations-related practices and the broader litigation department. You will be exposed to the firm’s full capabilities as an active participant in our cross-selling, and key-client and industry group initiatives. At the firm, the business development team seeks to stay ahead of the market and we are looking for a forward-thinking, creative, go-getter.
Together with the Senior Business Development Manager and their business development colleagues across the firm, the Business Development Manager will:
- Execute litigation strategic priorities, including those specific to practice groups, geographies, client teams, industry groups and individual partners, as well as regularly track and report on progress
- Work with the Senior Business Development Manager to execute individual lawyer, Litigation Department and firm business development and marketing objectives
- Monitor marketplace and competitive developments effecting existing and prospective clients, to quickly identify and react to lead generation opportunities
- Obtain client, prospect and market research, working with the Business Intelligence Group, as needed
- Work with members of the business development department to execute details of events, sponsorships, speaking engagements and thought leadership
- Prepare pitch materials and responses to RFPs, and collaborate across practices as needed
- Oversee the drafting and approvals for various directory and award submissions for relevant practice areas in coordination with the firm’s content team
- Oversee marketing and business development database updates, including practice and matter descriptions, website, biographies, mailing lists and CRM
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience (total of at least 7 years of professional service experience) in a successful business development or marketing role in a professional services environment, including a minimum of 2 years of litigation legal marketing experience. Law-firm specific background on the Litigation side is required. Knowledge of White Collar and Internal Investigations is a plus.
- Familiarity with litigation jargon and understanding of court filings is required
- Strong analytical skills. Must be able to synthesize information and facts to provide brief and detailed company profiles, industry overviews, biographical summaries, and analysis of key matters, industry trends, litigation and outside counsel.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing and presentation capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with attorneys who have a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- Ability to respond to calls-to-action outside of standard business hours.
- Domestic travel may also be required.
$150,000-$170,000, depending on experience. Hybrid; exempt role.
Salary: $150,000-$170,000, depending on experience
Date Active: 8.10.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt