New York, NY
Our client, an elite global law firm, is seeking a Business Development Manager to work with their Private Funds, Real Estate and Tax practice groups.
The Business Development Manager will have the opportunity to lead on a wide range of business and client development activities on a global level. You will be part of a dynamic team and work with colleagues from other offices around the world.
- Develop and execute business development plans for the Private Funds, Real Estate and other key practice groups.
- Develop and maintain key messages, marketing materials standard slides, credentials and pitch materials for key practices.
- Analyze and track key clients, targets, BD plans and drive the development of existing client relationships.
- Support cross-selling efforts by identifying new business opportunities within a specific sector or group of clients.
- Organize and attend partner meetings, create agendas, document and follow-up on actions agreed.
- Work with the Research team to prepare client reports, including background information, advisory relationships and market intelligence.
- Work with the Events team to plan and execute client events, including webinars and conferences and assist with external sponsorships
- Work with the Media and Marketing Communications teams on profile-raising and thought-leadership initiatives for key practices and sectors
- Manage directory submissions, such as Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500, etc.
- Maintain business development records in the firm’s Marketing and Business Development technology systems—including CRM data, pitch content and matter tracking.
- Prepare credentials, pitches and RFPs, tailoring materials for individual clients.
- Support client presentations.
- Ensure consistency of pitch materials and seek improvements in quality.
Client Relationship Management
- Manage up to three of the firm’s global client teams.
- Lead on client feedback initiatives for practice groups.
- Leverage research and news to report on market trends, insights, competitor activity and client developments.
- Proactively identify opportunities for attorney outreach and engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Liberal Arts or related field desired.
- 7+ years of business development experience at an international law firm or professional services organization.
- Knowledge of business and financial markets.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with partners globally.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships at all levels of the firm.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities amid competing priorities, tight deadlines and changing business demands.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Team player.
- Expected to monitor emails outside of regular business hours.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends, as needed.
The base salary range for this position is $130,000 to $160,000. Actual pay is determined based on a number of job-related factors, including skills, education, training, credentials, experience, scope and complexity of role responsibilities, geographic location and performance.
Date Active: $130,000 – $160,000
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt