New York, NY
This position supports the business development and marketing activities of the firm’s Corporate Finance and Securities Group. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Practice Group Leader (PGL) to execute the group’s business development and marketing goals.
- Serve as primary point of contact for the Corporate Finance and Securities practice, supporting the practice in their marketing and business development goals.
- Seek to understand firm, practice and office goals and work to identify cross-selling opportunities and facilitate multi-disciplinary cooperation among colleagues.
- Conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to develop best practices.
- Create and/or edit the following:
- Responses to RFPs, customized pitches and business development presentations.
- Web and print marketing collateral, including brochures, practice descriptions, attorney biographies.
- Client alerts, newsletters and articles authored by attorneys.
- Oversee regular updates of web and print marketing content, including attorney biographies, practice area/office descriptions, webpage, and related news items.
- Prepare, review and revise directory and award submissions, working with partners directly to submit responses in a timely fashion, and prepare analysis of results regarding same.
- Collect and maintain representative matters, deal lists, client and industry lists for use in marketing materials.
- Liaise with communications team and PGLs on media relations and communications activities:
- Draft press releases and work closely with PR Manager on press-related items.
- Understand trends that may impact the practice/industry and apply that knowledge to identify opportunities.
- In coordination with Conference & Events team, manage all practice related seminars, CLE presentations and client-facing events. Evaluate and advise on new opportunities for the practice areas or firm as relevant.
- In coordination with PR and Communications team, evaluate awards submission opportunities for relevant practices and ensure that practice groups lawyers are provided visibility on various media and social channels.
- Evaluate relevant sponsorship and speaking opportunities for practice group lawyers. Negotiate agreements and manage participation in sponsorships and directories in order to ensure that the firm receives the maximum return on investment.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior colleagues as needed.
- Support internal and external events related to the practice as needed.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline.
- Professional experience with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Candidate must have a strong presence, a high degree of poise and the ability to interact effectively, build relationships with multiple constituents, influence action and achieve results.
- Proactive approach to service.
- Excellent project-management skills.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Establish credibility with partners through evincing the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence.
- Collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership skills to keep projects moving.
- Ability to secure buy-in and support of attorneys and senior management.
- Effectively delegate: draw out the best in people; set and communicate goals; measure accomplishments, hold people accountable; give practical, impartial feedback.
$140,000 – $160,000, depending on education and experience.