Business Development Manager
New York, NY
This position coordinates and supports the business development and marketing activities of our client’s Global Infrastructure & Energy group across the Global Corporate/M&A and Global Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance practices. The Business Development Manager for Global Infrastructure & Energy will partner closely with industry leaders, practice group leaders and Business Development Managers across offices to execute business development and marketing goals. To develop a deep understanding of the Global Energy & Infrastructure industry group across practices, specifically, the Global Corporate/M&A and Global Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance practices, its transactions and partners, the ideal candidate will view this as a long-term position.
- Coordinate Infrastructure & Energy business development and marketing work globally across practices.
- Serve as primary point of contact for industry group leaders and support the group’s lawyers across practices in their marketing and business development goals.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the industry group. Stay up to date on trends that impact the industry and apply that knowledge to identify opportunities for promotion.
- Partner closely with the BD Managers assigned to the Global Corporate/M&A and Global Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance practices in each region.
- Partner with industry and practice group leaders to identify cross-selling opportunities and facilitate multi-disciplinary cooperation among colleagues.
- Conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to develop best practices. Achieve fluency on client base and industry trends and apply that knowledge to identify opportunities.
- Create and/or edit the following:
- Responses to RFPs, customized pitches and business development presentations.
- Web and print marketing materials, including brochures, practice descriptions, attorney biographies.
- Client alerts, newsletters and articles authored by attorneys.
- Prepare, review and revise directory and award submissions, working with partners directly to submit responses in a timely fashion, and prepare analysis of results regarding same.
- Collect and maintain representative matters, deal lists, client and industry lists for use in marketing materials, and ensure consistency of all materials across relevant practices.
- Liaise with the firm’s communications team on media relations and communications activities relevant to the business development initiatives associated with the group.
- Draft press releases and work closely with PR Manager on press related items.
- In coordination with Conference & Events team, participate in and manage all practice related seminars, CLE presentations and client-facing events.
- In coordination with PR and Communications team, evaluate awards submission opportunities for relevant practices and ensure that industry/practice group lawyers are provided visibility on various media and social channels.
- Evaluate relevant sponsorship and speaking opportunities for industry group lawyers. Negotiate agreements and manage participation in sponsorships and directories to ensure that the firm receives the maximum return on investment.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior colleagues as needed.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline.
- Professional experience with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant marketing experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Candidates must have marketing/BD experience in the Infrastructure and Energy sectors.
- Candidate must have a strong presence, a high degree of poise and the ability to interact effectively, build relationships, influence action and achieve results.
- Proactive approach to service.
- Excellent project-management collaboration
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Establish credibility with partners through evincing the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence.
- Strong leadership skills to keep projects moving.
- Ability to secure buy-in and support of attorneys and senior management.
- Effectively delegate: draw out the best in people; set and communicate goals; measure accomplishments, hold people accountable; give practical, impartial feedback.
The salary range for this position is $140,000-$160,000. Compensation depends on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Date Active: 2.10.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt