The Business Development Assistant will provide support to the firm’s Regulatory Business Development (BD) team and will contribute to overall BD efforts including but not limited to pitches and proposals, webinars and events, directory submissions, and thought leadership. The assistant will also help maintain marketing collateral, assist with web page and bio updates, and track/manage reports for BD activity, event ROI, and client feedback. The assistant will work closely with attorneys and other members of the Global BD team to achieve Firm and office business development goals.
- Assisting with the preparation of pitch material and RFP responses to win new business, including:
- Maintaining up-to-date collection of marketing and pitch materials as they relate to the Corporate practices;
- Compiling initial drafts of pitches; and
- Maintaining records for, and analyzing outcomes of, pitches and fee proposals.
- Collaborating with the Research & Competitive Intelligence team to generate detailed client intelligence reports in advance of pitches and other client meetings in connection with targeting projects; and preparing competitive and market analysis reports.
- Supporting Regulatory BD team members with the preparation of agendas and materials in connection with regular practice group and client team meetings.
- Entering Regulatory BD activities and client intelligence into, and maintaining frequently used mailing lists in, the Firm CRM system.
- Assisting Regulatory BD team with compiling directory submissions, including Chambers, Legal 500 and GCR.
- Assisting the PR team with award submissions and other profile-raising initiatives.
- Assist Regulatory BD team with league table processes and submissions.
- Liaising with Events team to assist with internal and external events, seminars, webinars and sponsorships.
- Liaising with Marketing and Communications team on website content and other practice-specific content.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, liberal arts or related field required.
- One or more years of relevant work experience. Law firm/professional services or marketing experience is highly desirable.
- The position requires a proactive and motivated team player. The individual must be able to adapt to change, balance competing demands and manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work on a team and on own initiative.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to process information from a wide variety of sources.
- Strong ability to handle time-sensitive requests and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Expected to monitor emails outside of normal business hours and be available as needed.
- Strong computer skills with various Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), CRM and research tools.
- Familiarity with key business development databases and research tools (e.g., Dynamics, Foundation, Capital IQ, MonitorSuite, LexMachina, Bloomberg, Mergemarket, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Must be collaborative with the ability to leverage resources and tools to accomplish objectives.
The base salary for this position is $70,000 to $75,000. Actual pay is determined based on a number of job-related factors, including skills, education, training, credentials, experience, scope and complexity of role responsibilities, geographic location and performance.