New York, NY
Our clients seeks a critical thinker to support the expansion of its market-leading strategic M&A practice by engaging in targeted market monitoring and analysis. Based in New York, the Analyst is key member of the Business Development team and will work with department colleagues and business professionals throughout the firm to proactively identify market trends, advance actionable new and cross-selling business opportunities, and help drive relationships forward.
The Business Development Analyst supports the development, implementation and execution of strategic market monitoring initiatives that result in actionable intelligence. The Analyst will monitor and track key existing and prospective clients and identify new business opportunities in real time. Our analysis team goes beyond traditional reactive business/competitive intelligence and instead proactively monitors national and global news cycles, SEC filings, business publications, industry trades, earnings reports, digital platforms and other sources of company information on an ongoing basis to enable the firm’s partners to capitalize on trends and opportunities as they arise.
This role requires interaction and collaboration with a diverse group of business professionals within the broader marketing/business development department and throughout the firm on a regular basis. The successful candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to multitask.
- Establish, update and monitor news alerts on various clients and prospects through available firm resources and share with relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Identify and organize competitive data, market and company research, and industry trends.
- Monitor key clients and prospects for various firm partners.
- Collect and analyze internal and external data used to identify potential business opportunities.
- Identify, analyze and synthesize information from various sources in a clear, concise manner.
- Work with the firm’s Competitive Intelligence team to coordinate in-depth research on a range of companies, industries and trends on behalf of BD and the firm’s attorneys.
- Maintain various new and existing prospecting trackers and tools.
- Create and maintain coverage lists and regularly report on opportunities.
- Develop strong familiarity with internal systems to compliment external research.
- Collaborate with members of BD to obtain a high degree of understanding of the firm’s partners, practice areas and departments, clients and prospects, matters, competitors and other factors that could influence the direction of research and monitoring efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an analyst/competitive intelligence/business development role.
- Knowledge of the markets and an understanding of M&A is preferred.
- Ability to respond to calls-to-action outside of standard business hours.
- Must be available to meet deadlines that align with business demands that regularly fall outside of traditional workday hours.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and critical thinking.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Ability to draw logical inferences from diverse sources of information and communicate complex insights in a simple, actionable manner.
- Ability to distill information into key, actionable takeaways.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team with “a no task too small” attitude.
- Strong time management in order to work in a fluid environment with time-sensitive deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- A solid command of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with corporate research platforms including Bloomberg is a plus.
Salary: $120,000.00-$140,000.00, dependent on experience