New York, NY
Global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Billing Coordinator to join our winning team, located in New York. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Billing Coordinator will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in a comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
- Acting as liaison between billing attorneys and billing secretaries, legal attorneys, and/or organization (customers) and the billing staff; responding to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
- Preparing and analyzing complex client billing
- Communicating with customers to ensure their request from the billing staff is being met updating customers on the status of tasks and/or projects
- Providing accurate and timely completion of assignments and inquiry responses; ensuring that all tasks and duties completed are done within the firm’s set guidelines and policies
- Generating and reviewing Proformas from 3E (pre-existing or generating new charges)
- Following up on unsent invoices and running reports
- Providing project analyses as directed, utilizing 3E system for various analytical reports
- Utilizing computerized billing and payable software modules to complete the billing process
- Assisting with obtaining information required for e-billing and liaises with e-billing coordinators on outstanding items
- Assisting with year-end closing and reporting as required
- Assisting with special projects on various issues as needed
- Promoting effective work practices and working as a team member
- Knowledge and proficiency in PC Applications, including spreadsheet software and operations, is required.
- Knowledge of 3E is a plus.
- The coordinator must display knowledge of basic accounting principles, as well as the ability to comprehend and accurately perform mathematical functions.
- The analytical skills needed to correctly comprehend and communicate data are desired.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is preferred.
- As a Billing Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Billing Coordinator must have thorough knowledge of bookkeeping procedures such as posting, balancing, debits and credits, and journal entries.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $100,000, nonexempt.
This firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Salary: $70,000 - $100,000
Date Active: 2.18.2024
Exempt/Not Exempt: Not Exempt