New York, NY
This position will provide assistance and support to the attorneys in various sections and offices within the Firm who have been engaged on litigation matters by the Firm’s clients, by providing docketing and calendaring services and associated functions for actions in state and federal court, arbitration forums and administrative agencies.
This role requires 60% in-office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of litigation experience in a law firm preferred.
- Knowledge of the New York Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP), Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure (FRAP), Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure (FRBP) and state court rules.
- Excellent knowledge of how to handle all New York State Court (NYSCEF), and New York Federal Court filings.
- Knowledge of the basic litigation docketing and calendaring process.
- Experience using CourtAlert or MA3000.
- Experience with Completing PACER ECF Filings / Mass State Court Tylerhost E-Filings.
- Experience with attorney service agencies.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem-solving skills, reasoning ability and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and positive attitude.
- The ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be self-motivated to produce quality work.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
- Licensed Notary Public helpful.
$80,000 – $100,000, nonexempt and bonus eligible. Compensation depends on experience and qualifications.
* This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this job.