New York, NY
To provide administrative support to the Senior Managing Director of Administration and the Senior Manager, Client Services and Facilities and to ensure accurate and timely communication of information to and from such individuals and/or departments. Use of experience and judgment to assist individuals in preparing and performing their work efficiently and effectively. This is a fully in-office position.
- Provides accurate and timely advice and suggested changes for procedures. Researches information for special reports and analyzes and summarizes data for reports as needed.
- Resolves clerical and administrative issues and problems for the administrative office and other departments as they arise.
- Creates and maintains highly confidential and non-routine information including complex excel spreadsheets.
- Performs general budgetary support, including preparation and processing of invoices, budget monitoring for NY, Asian and European offices.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, which may be of a complex and confidential nature such as: memos, forms, and documents from written and/or dictated materials. Maintains knowledge of format and procedures in preparing documents. Proofreads letters, memos and/or documents before submitting.
- Provides administrative support such as: arranging meetings, scheduling interviews, opening and sorting mail, answering routine correspondence, photocopying and scanning materials, scheduling appointments and meetings, making travel arrangements.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the Administrative office.
- Answers, screens, directs and places telephone calls. Responds to inquiries. Takes and relays messages.
- Greets and directs visitors. Maintains courteous and professional relationship with clients, candidates and other visitors. Handles requests for information.
- Maintains and updates records and files which may be of a complex and confidential nature e.g. document management system and budgeting system for NY, Asia and European offices.
- Handles and/or participates in community services, special projects and firm events as necessary.
- Provides special project support as requested (Client Services, Construction projects).
- Able to work independently, maintain confidentiality and demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and good judgment.
- Interacts with members of the Firm to ensure work-related tasks and projects are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Serves as a liaison with various members of the firm including external contacts and internal upper management including Partners, Chiefs, Directors and Managers.
- Respond to facilities requests and follow through completion.
- Coordinate service calls for facilities related equipment when needed.
- Order kitchen/pantry supplies as needed.
- Keep track of regular facilities expenses.
- Maintain an updated record of facilities vendors.
- Research new services to facilitate operations.
- Participate in daily walkthroughs to ensure maintenance is conducted daily.
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs and maintenance.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- 3+ years of executive level administrative support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills .
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information and situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Proven success in working in a fast paced, corporate environment, juggling multiple competing tasks and assignments.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Proficient in MS Word (advanced functions: styles, mail merge); Imanage or other document management system), Excel (spreadsheets), Power Point, ability to operate scanner and photocopy machines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The salary range for this role is $74,900-$100,000, nonexempt.