The Senior Corporate Paralegal will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Firm’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Senior Paralegal, you will manage and lead all supportive aspects for general corporate work and transactions, as well as play a key role in defining new systems and processes and participate as an integral part of the transaction team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervising and guiding the work done by paralegals, secretaries, and support departments to ensure the completion of work for complex transactions; providing guidance and support to varying levels of attorneys across the practice area; and contributing a wide variety of other transactional and general corporate support. The Senior Paralegal must be highly skilled in legal research and analyzing facts and information and resolving problems as they arise. Advanced knowledge and research of complex legal matters is expected. Other roles and responsibilities include:
- Analyzing information pertaining to relevant issues to a transaction
- Coordinating outside services, either directly or through support departments, and acting as a liaison with involved third parties
- Training Paralegals and new Attorneys in local office and department procedures and technical aspects of the Paralegal area of expertise
- Identifying and resolving any discrepancies throughout the duration of a transaction
- Promoting effective work practices and working as a team leader
- Supervising and overseeing the work product of and providing guidance to Paralegals, Project Assistants, Secretaries, and Support Departments, prior to attorney review
- Coordinating with other areas/departments of the Firm to develop efficient procedures/communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs
As a Corporate Paralegal, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude in a fast-paced corporate deals environment. A Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program is required. A minimum of ten (10) full years of Firm-equivalent experience is required. Experience in Capital Markets, Private Equity, and M&A matters is desired. Proficient knowledge of internal software applications such as Word Excel spreadsheets, Carta and other common legal specialty programs is desired. The Senior Paralegal should have exceptional knowledge of legal concepts and methodologies as they relate to relevant practice areas. Communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a client service focus is required.
Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Their commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Firm to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 8.6.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt