New York, NY or Washington, DC
Drive revenue to a billion-dollar global law firm through overseeing and leading business development for our premier Litigation practices to develop and sustain a loyal client base and grow the practices. High visibility within marketing department, including close interaction with Marketing Leadership, the Chief Marketing Officer, and with partners in Litigation practices. Provide overall guidance, coaching, and training to Business Development Managers and junior BD team members, setting strategic goals, operational standards, and reporting metrics, and providing mentorship. Provide thought leadership and execute on targeted marketing methods, including effective client events, worthwhile organizational affiliations and sponsorships, cross-practice initiatives, and other projects. Work closely with the Head of Business Development Litigation to drive growth revenue, and with the Communications team to develop media relations opportunities, including strategies for inclusion on key lists and in all relevant directories. This is an ideal time to join a dynamic and growing marketing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, MBA a plus.
- Experience in leading a team of marketing professionals and driving success through high performance collaboration, along with a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory/management experience is preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in law firm business development. Preferably with strong knowledge of Securities and White-Collar Investigation, Antitrust, Commercial Litigation, and Trial practices, with direct work experience strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of core marketing principles, including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, pitch, RFP responses, and client development strategies.
- Experience with CRMs and advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project and process management experience.
- Highly motivated, persuasive, priority-driven, and collaborative.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 3.25.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt