New York, NY
The Senior Legal Assistant (“SLA”) will provide trial coordination support and complete SLA tasks. The SLA will be a vital member of their litigation case teams and any teams going to trial. The SLA will work directly with associates, counsel and partners and will report to the Senior Manager, Litigation Legal Assistants. Trial coordination includes logistical support for remote and in-person trials and working with trial teams to ensure compilation of preparatory materials. Travel will be required.
Depositions & Trial
- Coordinate logistics for in-person depositions and trials, including reservations (flights, cars, hotel rooms, “war room” spaces), tech requirements, catering, court reporting, copy vendor services, laundry services, and other team-specific amenity requirements
- Coordinate logistics for remote depositions and trials conducted in-house, including reserving conference rooms and liaising with Audio Visual team, Dining Services, Supplies, IT, in-house and external copy services
- Liaise with external vendors, including trial consultants and hot seats, ensuring they receive all materials and are set up to perform their duties
- Prepare exhibit list, witness list, deposition designations, and motions in limine
- Assemble exhibits and relevant documents for depositions, witness preparation, witness interviews, and trial
- Assist in preparation of expert reports and fact declarations for witnesses
- Organize and maintain electronic record of deposition transcripts, videos, and hard copy record of original and certified transcripts
- Review transcripts and videos for errata
Document Organization & Management
- Prepare motion papers, court filings, and correspondence
- Liaise between various litigation support departments in advance of filing
- Distribute incoming court papers and correspondence to case teams
- Maintain and organize case documents, correspondence, and binders, archiving when appropriate
- Ensure that documents generated by Davis Polk attorneys comply with generally accepted legal citation and formatting standards as required by the jurisdictions to which such documents are submitted.
- Adapt to regional rules and regulations when required and be able to advise Davis Polk staff as to proper citation practice.
- Generate Tables of Authority, quote check, pin cite, add parallel cites, pull cases, key cite reports, and prepare them in formatting requested by Davis Polk legal and support staff are additional expectations for this position.
- Expertise with Westlaw, Lexis, Bluebook rules and a full understanding of the Shepardizing process are integral requirements for this position.
- Knowledge of the court system and filing requirements
- Knowledge of hyperlinking case law, other authorities and documents to a brief
White Collar Briefing (as needed)
- Prepare daily analysis of new media articles and announcements regarding any recent white collar activity for distribution to White Collar practice group
- Audit Letters (as needed)
- Review audit requests received from partners, associates, and clients
- Liaise with Record Center, General Counsel, Accounting, and legal staff to draft replies to audit requests received
- Finalize audit response packages and coordinate for delivery to auditors
- Four-year college degree required.
- Must have graduated with high academic standing.
- Minimum of five years litigation paralegal/legal assistant and extensive trial experience required.
- Must be highly motivated and conscientious, have exceptional organization and communication skills, and a sharp eye for detail
- Above-average oral and written skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are requisite
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $120,000 – $140,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.